• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Christine_4.0xlt

Turbocharging/tuning help (injectors, tuners, etc)

That makes sense, I guess the next step is to find a good set. Ive been told 24lbs injectors are about right for mild boost (I dont intend to push more than 8psi to start, sounds lame I know but its a start and a safe place to start). And I did look into supercharging awhile back but some if...
  2. Christine_4.0xlt

Turbocharging/tuning help (injectors, tuners, etc)

So here we are ladies and gentlemen, I'm tired of earth shattering 160ish hp that my 4.0 ohv struggles to make and I'm seriously considering turboing the old girl. I've already pretty much decided on how I'm going about it and most of the details but I keep stumbling over the tuning aspect. I...
  3. Christine_4.0xlt

Turbocharging help (injectors, tuning,etc)

So here we are ladies and gentlemen, I'm tired of earth shattering 160ish hp that my 4.0 ohv struggles to make and I'm seriously considering turboing the old girl. I've already pretty much decided on how I'm going about it and most of the details but I keep stumbling over the tuning aspect. I...
  4. Christine_4.0xlt

Tom Morana Racing products- Are they any good?

I just checked out super six motorsports and it seems like they specialize in ecoboost, 3.9, and 4.2 v6s rather than the 4.0 ohv that I have. They still have a great product list and ill keep them in mind
  5. Christine_4.0xlt

Tom Morana Racing products- Are they any good?

So I've been eyeing some parts from Morana racing, its all pretty pricey but if its worth it I might consider stashing money away. In particular I've been looking at their 112mm intake and twin throttle body intakes. In addition is there customer service and good? Are they fairly efficient when...
  6. Christine_4.0xlt

410 Comp Cams. Is it worth it?

I think what they do is reweld then grind the lobes to achieve the correct duration and lift your looking for. I have no idea for sure but that's my best guess
  7. Christine_4.0xlt

I didn't know that the stock camshaft was even worth grinding, Ill have to look a little deeper into it because $159 for a custom grind seems easier on the wallet than the $340 price tag on a brand new outfit from comp cams:LOL: And is there a huge difference between the 94tm and 95tm? Or are...
  8. Christine_4.0xlt

Strange Hesitation in Moderate-Heavy throttle

So my 1998 Ranger picked up an odd hitch in its stride so to speak. It started about 4 or 5 months ago and I've sort of been just living with it but its getting old. If I get on the gas fairly hard it has a short, jarring hesitation, at first I thought it was u-joint but everything checks out...
  9. Christine_4.0xlt

I was curious about Comp Cams model 410 for the 4.0L. I was eyeing it because I'm tossing the idea of rebuilding and pumping up the stock engine in my 1998 Ranger around. Is it even worth spending the money on it? If so what are somethings to be on the lookout for and other parts I might need...
  10. Christine_4.0xlt

Is Behemoth Drivetrain still in business?

I was trying to buy an electric to manual 4x4 conversion kit for my 98' Ranger from Behemoth drivetrain but I cant seem to get any headway on getting the purchase to go through (before anyone asks, yes my card it good. I even double checked with my bank). I'm pretty frustrated because its...
  11. Christine_4.0xlt

Tips/Must knows/Advice

That's where the name comes from😂
  12. Christine_4.0xlt

Tips/Must knows/Advice

Nope, I go by the nickname Mack. Christine is the trucks name if that's what your driving at
  13. Christine_4.0xlt

Transfercase manual selector conversion?

I looked into the shiftser a while back and they don't make it anymore. But as soon as payday rolls around I'm having that kit next day shipped to my house😂. That is exactly what I'm looking for thank you so much
  14. Christine_4.0xlt

Tips/Must knows/Advice

I changed all of the fluids the first week I had the truck, and I actually have a South Bend Stage 1 clutch and a new slave cylinder coming. I just didn't know if there were things on these trucks that should be absolutely remedied such as the killer dowel pin on a 6bt Cummins or the egr system...
  15. Christine_4.0xlt

Transfercase manual selector conversion?

So I've been searching around for manual selectors for 4wd on 3rd gen rangers such as mine but haven't come up with anything. I finally broke down and made my own and modified the stock ford hubs but the only issue is I have to reach under the truck put it in 4wd. Is there something on the...
  16. Christine_4.0xlt

Tips/Must knows/Advice

Hello, I am brand new to this forum but I visit enough that I figure I should probably join. I own a 1998 Ford Ranger 4.0L XLT 4x4 and just out of curiosity I was wondering if there's anything to be on the look out for with these trucks as well as things to know in general. I am a fairly new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad