• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

I own a 1990 MAF California 2.9 that I endurance track race. Truck is run HARD for 8 hours at a time. It's a budget program, so we look for ways to make small improvements cheaply. The engine has headers, straight pipes and an airbox delete. Unnecessary accessories have been deleted and...
  2. 1990 4 Piston Wilwood Caliper Upgrade

I'm beginning my swap on my 1990 2WD. This is a racing truck, so we're upgrading to Cobra 13" rotor and wilwood calipers. This is going to be a learning process as I haven't been able to find much on this type of swap. The truck already has explorer discs on the rear. This is the biggest...
  3. CYBERFUKD

I own a 1990 2.9 5-speed we run in the 24 hours of Lemons. You've probably heard of it. But if you haven't it's basically a costume show in the middle of a race. I purchased the truck from my buddy's brother. Current upgrades include Poly bushings, exploder 8.8 with discs, manual steering...
  4. Our 24 Hours of Lemons Build

Hello-We race a 1990 XLT 2.9L in 24 hours of Lemons. It has the manual 5-speed in it. The first race was completed by the original car builders before I purchased it. The truck has a 8.8 rear with disc brakes and a flipped axle. They also cut the springs on the front ~2"? Now that I have...
  5. Wilwood 4 piston on 13" rotors

After tons of research, I decided to go with some Wilwood 4 piston calipers for the front of our 1990 Ranger. They'll be matched to 13" Cobra Rotors. Based on my reading I pulled some 97 Spindles from pick and pull last weekend. I'm going to fab an adaptor for the caliper. I'm going to...
  6. Difference between 90 & 95 Spindles

Hi All- I recently purchased a 1990 Ranger to race in the 24 hours of lemons. It was my buddy's brother's car and has previously completed races. I've done a ton of reading on the forums. One thing I'm trying to understand is the difference between the 90 spindles and the 95-97 spindles. Why...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad