• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Electrical problems - fuel pump relay

Hey all! I'm at a roads end with getting my ranger 2.9 -88 running again. It just died on me when starting it up after winter. I think I have located a problem, but dont know how to poceed. The fuel pump relay semes to work just fine, but the signal to it is funky. When I turn the key I get 12v...
  2. Rear brake on driver side engage TOO MUCH - 1989 Ranger

Hi! Got a problem with my ol Ranger -89 4x4 2,9l V6 Rear brake on driver side locks the wheel really early. Got a fault on car inspection on this too (live in Sweden...) som I can't ride it, and I can't see anything wrong! Nothing loose, nothing that should not be there. On a gravel road or on...
  3. Boiling transmission!?

So... I was on my way to one of my hunting sites for moose hunting (in Sweden). A quad on the bed and a small caravan on towe. A load, sure, but far from max. Three houers into the drive there was a road block, so I had to sit on idle for about half an houer. Two miles after that the truck just...
  4. Stranded in the bush with busted auto

Suddenly my truck (-88 2,9l auto 4x4 ranger) stopped pulling. I had a looong line of oil after me, and empty in the gearbox. Crawled under with a flashlight but couldn't see anything obvious. Semes like the oil came out somewhere top front on the box. Sprayed back of the engine. Funny thing is i...
  5. Help please! Rear wheel hub/drive shaft play. Got bad vibrations...

Hi! See video Because of a really bad vibration creeping up on the truck, I jacket it up and started yanking stuff. This don't look too good to me Where is the problem? Inside the differential? Exactly the same play on both sides/hubs. Could this be the reason for my vibration...
  6. Help! How do I get the door ajar switch out enough

I can't for my life get it out to get to the damn contact! Is there som trick, or is the wires stuck in there? How do I get inside?? I don't dare pull too hard, or I fear I'll pull it out of the socket and never see that $#%@ wire again. (1988 ranger stx 2,9 extended cab)
  7. Swedish Ranger

Hey guys! Got myself an old -88 Ranger STX extended cab. I was gonna use it for hunting, which for me is some rough use (pulling out moose from the deep woods, offroading, dirty and wet dogs in cab, bloody and gunky clothes etc). But a closer inspection and a couple weeks daily use the ol car...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad