• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. timmyflew

For Sale Ford Ranger Sway Bar Disconnects

For Sale Warrior brand sway bar disconnects. I bought them new and used them for one trip. I ended up just pulling my sway bar all together. They are a pain in the butt but may be worth it for someone who doesn't want to permanently remove their sway bar. These fit a 2002 Ford Ranger FX4. I...
  2. timmyflew

4r55e to 5r55e swap. Latest year that will work

Thanks man. That's what I wanted to hear.
  3. timmyflew

4r55e to 5r55e swap. Latest year that will work

I have a 2002 FX4 4.0 Automatic 4R55E. Will all 5R55E transmissions hookup without modification. Wanting to find the newest, lowest mileage transmission possible to replace mine when it goes, again.
  4. timmyflew

Switch from Torsen to Locker

Is that because it would be easier to find?
  5. timmyflew

I'm sure I have a 31 spline from the information I got of this site. I plan on checking the pick-n-pull to see if I can find a carrier. I wheeled all of Uwharrie except for the two ledges on Daniel and haven't even lifted a tire so Will probably do more wheeling first before I decide on pulling...
  6. timmyflew

Thanks guys. Wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction.
  7. timmyflew

So I have a Torsen in the rear from the factory. I want to put in a lunchbox locker. Aussie locker's website says it only works on open diffs. Does anyone know what I would have to do to install an Aussie locker? Will I have to completely remove the carrier and get an open diff from a junkyard...
  8. timmyflew

For Sale Sway Bar Disconnects for Ranger and Explorer

Warrior 85203. I bought these a little over a month ago from Morris 4x4. They should fit 98-11 Rangers and some explorers. They have about 600 miles on them (One trip to and from Uwharrie. They are a pain in the but to reconnect. I ended up pulling my sway bar. Price is $60 Firm (free shipping...
  9. timmyflew

New Affordable Offroad Bumper!

Finally got an Affordable Offroad winch bumper and a winch to go with it. Just finished installing everything. I am definitely happy with the bumper. It seems very well made and it fit like it is supposed to. The installation wasn't bad at all. The worst part is getting the bolts on through the...
  10. timmyflew

For Sale Stainless OEM FX4 Tow Hooks

Pulled off my 2002 FX4. I want $100 including shipping to lower 48. They are heavy and will cost around $20 to ship. I am near Wilmington NC so I could do $75 local pickup within 40 miles of Wilmington.
  11. timmyflew

Tow hitch for off-road recovery/snatch straps

Ordered the Affordable Offroad Bumper last night. Just finished taking off the bumper and the OEM stainless tow hooks. I'll post some pics and let everyone know how the AO bumper works out. I'm going to sell the tow hooks to get some money back.
  12. timmyflew

Thanks for the replies so far. I had someone direct me to pictures of the one Curt offers and that will be a no go. The Curt one mounts pretty much under the bumper. It also appears it would not work with my factory skid plate. Just wanted to share that for anyone else wondering. Looks like...
  13. timmyflew

So did anyone end up finding information about a front hitch receiver. Curt advertises one but can't find much info on it. I am also wondering if one can be fabricated to use the connection points on my factory front recovery loops.
  14. timmyflew

Back to the Ranger

So I've owned a few Rangers over the years and just got rid of a 2001 Ranger Edge that I had for 10 years. My dad bought it brand new back in 01. I bought a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road (I know, blasphemy). I took the Taco to Uwharrie and just couldn't enjoy myself because I was too worried about...
  15. timmyflew

Swapping Rear Differential

Thanks to all for the info. I will see what I can find at the pick n pull. I will post some before and after pics. My next step will probably be a lift or maybe an add a leaf and torsion bar crank and bigger tires. I don't plan on doing any major off roading. Just some weekend warrior stuff...
  16. timmyflew

Swapping Rear Differential

I have a 2001 Ranger Edge 4.0. My axle code is 97 which I believe means I have an open differential. Is it possible to convert it to a limited slip? I have a "pick and pull" junkyard that has a bunch of Rangers. I was hoping to be able to find a rear end that will fit that has l/s. I have a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad