• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Eddo Rogue

Where do you get your trailer hitch stuff? also which kind of pintle is better?

I seem to be "loaning" a lot of hitches lately....had to give away my pintle hitch to the guy I sold the trailer to, so he could tow it away. Broke out my spare connector but the 2-5/16" ball shank is too big for it. It only takes the 2". So now I need a pintle hitch and a regular ball...
  2. Eddo Rogue

Passenger side front wheel suddenly smoking and stinky.

Took my ranger out for a commute after its mainly been used on the property and liquor store runs. On the way back I noticed the smell of brakes/clutch. Got home and smoke was coming out from the wheel well area. I took a good look underneath and its didnt seem like it was coming from the...
  3. Eddo Rogue

Did I give bad advice on what to do when gasoline goes in a diesel tank?

My idiot buddy just called me in a panic. He put gasoline in his girlfriends diesel car, its a newer-ish BMW coupe of some kind....asked me what to do. I asked him how much gas, he said not much...I asked how empty is the tank, he said pretty empty...I told him siphon or disconnect a line and...
  4. Eddo Rogue

Rodents suddenly all up in my hood.

I there a way I can keep the mice away from the cars? They dont stay parked very long, I try to move them aroud at least once a week, yet I have been finding evidence of rodent camps under the hood. When they got to my ranger, I declared war. Thankfully it was non essential wires they chewed...
  5. Eddo Rogue

08 F150 intermittent wiper switch malfunction.

So my F150 wipers will sometimes work and sometimes not. If they don't work, I shut off and start the truck again and they'll work. A few times they worked when key switched on, but then not work after engine starts. Last time I had to cycle the ignition 3 times before they kicked and worked...
  6. Eddo Rogue

I need a very long straight edge ruler...like 20'

I am building a steel fence in sections of 3 posts between 16' foot lengths. the posts stick past the top and bottom horizontal rails, so I use a long straight edge in the jig to line up all the posts. So far the only thing available is a 20' stick of 2" square steel tube 3/16" wall thickness...
  7. Eddo Rogue

What else would cause white smoke besides blown head gasket?

I noticed my ranger has been smoking lately. Coolant and oil both clean, coolant temp gauge normal activity. Could it be something besides a blown head gasket? Its white smoke, doubt its the head gasket.... I must disclose its been at least a season or two since I have driven this truck...
  8. Eddo Rogue

Will a '94 and up sliding rear window glass fit a '93?

I am still trying to fix/replace my rear glass. Found em on ebay but they are for '94 and up. Would a 1994 ford ranger 4x4 extended cab rear window not fit a 1993 of the same specs? It looks the same in the pic. I dont get why a '94 wouldnt fit a '93....was there a slight change in cab shape...
  9. Eddo Rogue

Powder coating Aluminum?

Not sure if I posted in the right place, but I do ask this as a general question. Client is asking for powder coated finish on aluminum, probably 6061. Its a small patio gate FWIW. I have never experienced powder coating aluminum, only anodizing. Client showed me outdoor furniture in a...
  10. Eddo Rogue

F150 leaf springs....where to buy?

My uncle has an F150 same gen as mine (04-08)...It is very beat and seems the rear leaf springs are shot. I started shopping around and have not had much luck. Rock auto had some, but after shipping they wanted $1600 for pair. I just need basic leaf springs...Have seen some scrap yarders...
  11. Eddo Rogue

Does anybody still mess with carburetor tuning/jetting?

I do a lot of messing with carbs on bikes....wondering if anybody does that with vehicle carbs? I think the last time I rebuilt an actual vehicle carb was maybe 20 years ago. I mostly rebuild single cyl/small engine carbs. did an inline 4 cyl set of carbs once....made a home made vacuum...
  12. Eddo Rogue

So I busted my back window...Kinda wanna swap it myself....

Cracked my Back window on the driver side of the slider loading firewood...using a bobcat (oops). Meh its old...probably would've shattered replacing the weatherstrip anyways. Saw both on fleabay in a kit for like $244. Is it a major PITA to swap? or can I watch a youtube video, gather proper...
  13. Eddo Rogue

Time for a new oxy/acetylene torch set, any suggestions?

Ok I got the new welder upgrade, now its time for new torch. I do have some criteria, none of which is budget, in order of importance: -Medium duty size -Small gauges, not the giant ones, and ideally that show the range to set it at for what you wanna do (cut,heat,weld etc) -Knob style...
  14. Eddo Rogue

Heart like a truck. Will buying a $60k-$90K Dodge RAM make me a hero?

According to this, all I have to do is buy a Ram to make me become instantly fearless, determined, and bold....Is this true?
  15. Eddo Rogue

Did I just dodge a hacker?

I have an instagram, on which I mostly use as a portfolio posting my finished work projects...and sometimes random cool or funny stuff...never anything too personal or telling, so as not to compromise my quasi privacy even further. My account is private, so they have to request and be approved...
  16. Eddo Rogue

Recycling old ammo brass...can I, should I?

I used to shoot a lot, and always picked up my brass. Now its a retired hobby and the coffee cans are clutter and taking up space. Can I recycle my brass? by which I mean without depriming it? Or should I take the time to deprime it? Or would I better off selling it in classifieds? Most if...
  17. Eddo Rogue

Seeking suggestions for a 110v MIG welder.

Hey guys. I often find myself welding at locations that do not have a 220/240V outlet for my machine. I think its time I bite the bullet and get a 110v welder, ideally one that does both. I have been borrowing a buddies miller 211, and love it, but they are beyond my budget. My buddy paid...
  18. Eddo Rogue

Terrible wet weather traction: tires or truck?

None of the rangers I have owned were ever good in wet weather....Maybe not heavy enough lol My current ranger is terrible in wet weather on roads. The rear tires easily brake loose, and I tend to hydroplane quite easily too. Is it just rangers in general or do my tires suck for wet weather...
  19. Eddo Rogue

SOLVED: 05 Toyota RAV4 Lost throttle response, no gas pedal input.

My buddys RAV suddenly lost throttle one day. It would move along under idle, but the gas pedal was useless, as if the cable had snapped. The problem is these don't have a throttle cable, they are fly by wire. My research said it is the pedal sensor. I found the pedal assembly for $579, but...
  20. Eddo Rogue

'00 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins 24v Brake booster/master cylinder issue.

So a buddy of mine has been struggling with a simple brake job. He is an electrician. I told him you fix the electrical problem on my ranger, I'll fix your brakes. Had him get the rig towed to my place. We are struggling to find a matching hydro booster and master cylinder. From what he tells...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad