• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sharky146

Burning smell after clutch replacement

Hey guys. The Problem: My truck smells like burning transmission fluid when at highway speeds above 50 mph. There are no visible fluid leaks. I can only smell it with the windows down, but it’s a pretty strong smell. I don’t notice it at all below 50 mph. This smell started right after...
  2. Sharky146

Ranger Center Console Armrest Fix

Hey guys. Every Ranger I’ve owned had a cracked, worn out center console armrest. Usually I try to find a decent junkyard armrest, but they’re generally disgusting from 20 years of someone’s arm grease. So, this time I decided to repair my armrest and made a short YouTube tutorial. It’s...
  3. Sharky146

No compression in 4.0 SOHC

Hello everyone. I'm working on a project Ranger and need a little help. I picked up a 2001 Ranger XLT Supercab 2WD 4.0L for $200. The previous owner said he thought that the timing was bad. I check the compression and had zero compression in any cylinder. So, I pulled the motor and opened...
  4. Sharky146

3.0L Cylinder #5 Misfire

Hey everyone. Need a little help. I'm getting a Cylinder #5 misfire. The Truck: $500 1999 Ranger XLT 3.0L 2WD. Motor was blown, so I replaced it with a junkyard 3.0L from a 2007 Ranger (170k). Used all the top end and wiring harness from my 1999. Just used the block and heads from the...
  5. Sharky146

Engine Swap. Timing??

Hello everyone. I recently picked up a $500 1999 Ranger XLT 3.0L 2WD Automatic as a quarantine project. The engine was blown, so I picked up a good junkyard motor to swap in. It’s my first engine swap, so I need a little help. I just put it in and started it up, however it runs ROUGH, but...
  6. Sharky146

Mating the 3.0L Engine and Transmission

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and have a quick question. I recently bought a 1999 Ranger XLT 3.0L 2WD. It needed a motor, so I picked up a used 3.0L from a wrecked 2007 Ranger. I pulled the original motor and tranny together and intend to reinstall them together as well. I put all...
  7. Sharky146

Quarantine Project!

Hello everyone. I'm teleworking and have a lot of time on my hands. My family is driving me nuts, so I decided to pick up a project vehicle. So I recently bought up a $500 1999 Ranger XLT 2WD 3.0L. Overall the truck is pretty rough and engine was shot. I picked up a 3.0L from a wrecked 2007...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad