• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Alan_nc

Made Floyd uglier

Needed new tires. Old ones had dry rot. Also wanted to go to 15" rather than the 14" that were on it. You just can't find much in the way of 14" tires any more. Found a set of 15" wheels with tires in fair shape at a really good price. Ugly old steel wheels but it did solve my problem. of...
  2. Alan_nc

Does this indicate a problem?

So you are sitting in the vehicle getting ready to start it for the first time of the day. Put your foot on the brake (it's at the normal level) and turn the key. Brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. Comes right back up as soon as the engine starts. Never does it again for that day and...
  3. Alan_nc

Wheel Size and Availability

94, 3.0, Auto, 2wd There is a 14" and 15" option on this year. For 15" x 7" wheels: Do they look the same as the 14" Are there other Ford vehicles that have the same size wheel (with the same bolt pattern)? I have read threads talking about a depth issue - I'm looking for...
  4. Alan_nc

Tire Question

94,3.0, 2wd, splash, auto Currently has P225/70R14 tires The truck is not driven real regular and I'm try to get away for the least I can for new tires. P195/70R14 tires are over $100 less. I check the actual measurement differences. I know the speedo will be slightly off and they will wear...
  5. Alan_nc

Front Seats

I've got a 94, 3.0, 2wd, auto extended cab (splash). Will a passenger seat bolt directly into the drivers seat position? My problem: My drivers seat is really beat down as most are. That is the seat that is always sat in. When you go to a junk yard the drivers seat is always in worse...
  6. Alan_nc

Computer Replacement:

94, 3.0, Auto, 2 wd I have always had to run my fuel pump with a seperate switch. Works fine but I really would like it to come on with the ignition switch.Thought it might be a computer problem. Fellow doing a V8 swap with the exact same year and drive train offered to give me his computer...
  7. Alan_nc

Southern Weather

Wonderful day in Central NC. Power out all day. Had to run generator all day. Looking at the trees and the weather predictions we're in for a couple more days of this.
  8. Alan_nc

Computer - Year Compatibility

I'm sorry, I know it's here somewhere but I can't find it. I have a 94 sport extended cab, 2wd, 3.0, Auto What year computers can I interchange with my current unit? Thanks in advance.
  9. Alan_nc

Tuesday Evening

So…. Are you going to watch TV tonight or go to bed early?
  10. Alan_nc

Can You Explain

So I have a 94 3.0 auto 2wd Saw this post on craigslist today. Central NC if you are interested. Says it's a 94 but the dash is totally different than mine. I have a push/pull knob for the headlights and the steering wheel looks to me like it has an air bag - I don't . Can someone explain the...
  11. Alan_nc

For Sale 88 on Craigslist

Thought this looked interesting. In NC https://greensboro.craigslist.org/pts/d/providence-1988-ford-ranger-gt1200obo/7212894289.html
  12. Alan_nc

Auto Parts Stores

So I'm replacing the u joints and carrier bearing. After struggling with one of the joints I pull it apart to find that it has a broken roller bearing. O.K......disassemble what I have together and take parts to store (it was Advanced Auto - but I think they are all the same). Kid doesn't...
  13. Alan_nc

Universal Removal?

94, 3.0, auto, two piece drive shaft. Have removed drive shafts and am trying to pushout the universals. Several are really stuck. Have been shooting them with PB blast. I have a vise and have tried using that to push them out but not a lot of luck. Any tricks or suggestions would be...
  14. Alan_nc

Strange I'll Call it wheel hop

94, 3.0, Auto After the truck warms up and I have been driving for several miles I "sometimes" get an action that feels like I have a flat tire. On a definite rotation cycle I get a thump or bump like a tire was hitting a bad spot. Seems to go away if you continue to drive. It is sever...
  15. Alan_nc

Seat replacement ?

93 Extended cab, 3.0, Auto Looked at some of the old seat change threads and it looks like Fox body mustangs should be a direct swap. My questions is will you end up sitting lower in the cab with mustang seats?
  16. Alan_nc

Power Steering Question

94, 3.0, Auto (running fine - at the moment) So the steering on the truck is way to easy. You can't feel the road at all. Almost no effort to turn the steering wheel. I have had several newer trucks and cars and all had more feeling (steering wheel was harder to turn) in the steering even...
  17. Alan_nc

One more minor irritating problem.

First thanks to all for putting up with my questions: 94 3.0, Auto, Runs great, starts right up. But: in 30 minutes of town driving it will die once at a light or stop sign (starts right up again with no problem). I have: Changed IAC and Temp sensor, air filter, fuel filter - drained old...
  18. Alan_nc

EGR Control Switch & EGR Valve?

94 Ranger, 3.0, Auto The EGR control switch has two tubes coming off the bottom portion of it. One goes to the EGR valve. Are either of these vacuum lines?
  19. Alan_nc

Gym Closed?

Have I got the solution for you: Day One: Change rusty shocks on 94 Ranger 1. Crawl under and wiggle to position to reach shock Yoga instructor gives you 10 points for technique 2. Wrench on 1st bolt - pull till it really hurts CrossFit instructor tells you to "keep it up" on 7 more...
  20. Alan_nc

Wanted Shocks

94, 3.0, Auto, extended cab. Looking for a set of stock shocks. Mine are totally shot but not ready to put out the big bucks for replacement at the moment. Maybe someone pulled off a completely good set to upgrade. I'm in the center portion of N.C. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad