• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cheburashka

What are the rear/downstream O2 readings supposed to look like?

I am still chasing an issue with high Nox on my '95 Ranger 4.0 Thanks to RonD's help, I've deducted my EGR system is working nominally, so I am happy to get that out of the way. Unfortunately, I think this means there is an issue elsewhere. The worst part is the truck is running great, which...
  2. Cheburashka

No vacuum at EGR valve

I have a 1995 4.0 Went to get smogged and mechanic said I need to have vacuum at the EGR valve when the accelerator is being pressed and I don't, so the valve does not open. I removed the solenoid, put 12v on it and it does not click like I expected. Got a new one from O Reilly and it still...
  3. Cheburashka

Wanted 93-97 fog light brackets

Probably a long shot but before I go to fab my own, wondering if anyone has a set laying around they'd be willing to sell. Should look like this:
  4. Cheburashka

Steering harder to turn at the end of the range?

I had a lot of steering slop and tightened my steering box a little and now it's gone and drives nice. With the wheels off the ground though, the steering is hard to turn at the very end of the range and the pump is working noticeably louder. I seem to recall that this was how it was before but...
  5. Cheburashka

Suspension squeak - what to lube? What to use?

'95 2WD here. I have a bit of squeaking in the front suspension. Shocks, springs, tie rods, ball joints, and sway bar links have all been replaced recently. Still have a bit of noise. I'm thinking it's some of the rubber bushings. Anyone know which ones I should try lubing and what to use to...
  6. Cheburashka

Small amount of play in the wheel

95 4.0 2WD Had some play in the wheel so I changed out the tie rods, both ball joints, and also the sway bar link (came in a suspension rebuild kit from 1A Auto so why not). Anyway I have no side to side play but have a really small amount of up/down play when I shake the wheel around on a...
  7. Cheburashka

Leak in back of manual transmission

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? At first I thought the shift rail plugs but it seems dry up there. Then I thought output shaft seal, but that's too far back. I really am stumped. Where is this oil leaking from? Thanks!
  8. Cheburashka

Alternator whine

I installed a new head unit and now I have alternator whine/ground loop noise. There may be an issue as I have the premium sound system on my 1995, so I took amp out from the deck and sent it to the factory amp. Essentially, I am using 2 amps.. I wonder if that is the problem and if bypassing...
  9. Cheburashka

Replacing inner/outer tie rods on 2WD I-beam.

I want to replace the tie rods. Took a peek at it looks like the whole thing should come off with 4 nuts removed? Anything special I need to know about this job or any specialty tools needed? Will do a string alignment for toe after replacement.
  10. Cheburashka

Mild leveling on twin I beam front?

I am planning to install the Monroe load adjusting shocks in the rear of my 95 Ranger. My understanding is that they will raise the back by about 2" when unloaded. To avoid the rake, I probably need to level the front by ~1.5". What should I do? Not too much out there for the twin I beam...
  11. Cheburashka

New clutch?

Can someone suggest a new clutch/flywheel combo that will bolt up in my '95 Ranger that is about to get a trans from 2010? I'm thinking of: Clutch: Luk Repset Heavy Duty: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4696155&cc=1138047&jsn=505 Flywheel: Luk 138 tooth...
  12. Cheburashka

Pin for extended cab rear windows

My rear window mechanisms are both broken where the pin is that holds the swiveling part together. Is there anywhere that I can find a replacement part to fix this without replacing the whole mechanism?
  13. Cheburashka

Manual Transmission Compatibility

Hey all, Drained my transmission and it does not seem like it's in good shape. Looking to swap to another transmission from a junkyard. Question - are all M5OD transmissions exactly the same on the Rangers? I have a 4.0 1995. Would any other M5OD from any engine configuration fit, or do I need...
  14. Cheburashka

Used and abused '95 4.0. What to service?

Hello everyone, I purchased a used and abused Ranger, two-wheel drive with a manual transmission and the 4.0L OHV motor. Miles unknown. What should I service on it to make sure it still runs somewhat reliably. Here is my plan so far, what am I missing? 1) Transmission fluid 2) Motor...
  15. Cheburashka

First gas car in a while...

Picked up a '95 4.0 with manual transmission the other day. Hoping to figure out what to service on it and how to do it. I haven't owned a gasoline car in years, the only car in the family for some time has been a Tesla Model S, so driving the 95 Ranger is pretty funny. I need it as I am...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad