• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. No codes, 98 Ranger 3.0 timing is off

Anyone have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say? Original question... QUESTION IS... Is the more than timing chain & Cam Sync that would make the engine sound like timing is off? I have the Vin letter - 'U'. . 8th place vin letter is... U - Vulcan 3.0 ohv 2 - Vulcan 3.0 ohv FFV S - Duratec 3.0 dohc
  2. What’s for dinner tonite!

DINNER IS SERVED . _____________________________________________________________________ HOAHHHhhh kaaay. . . Noodles - electrical wires Red Sauce - Trans fluid Meat Balls - Shock bumpers Rings - piston rings STILL got questions? I'm not Sigmund. . Jerry Reed: "IT'S A JOKE SON."
  3. Mystery tool thread.

Since he recently passed away, Peter won't be coming out from that back.
  4. bolt heating via induction

Bet it cures Prostrate issues instantly.
  5. Anybody feel scammed by RockAuto?

I order one thing at a time from Rock Auto, never had an issue (lucky me). I wonder if Rock Auto is going down the same path as Warshawski's??? (AKA: JC Whitney's - Everything Automotive and now owned by "US AUTO PARTS") Someday the world will be owned by one entity... .. , the Martian's?
  6. No codes, 98 Ranger 3.0 timing is off

Did the Carb Cleaner in the intake spark check when it broke down on the road both before parts and after. That's where I then 'check list' next the Coil Pack & Crank Sensor. This is not an OHV engine... lucky me.
  7. No codes, 98 Ranger 3.0 timing is off

Starter turns the motor over like normal. The engine simply will not start. At cranking it sounds like it's trying to start but abruptly stops. Pull the plug wires off, engine turns over say 150 RPM. Wires in, it turns over say 300 RPMs. So it's trying to start but won't.
  8. No codes, 98 Ranger 3.0 timing is off

Hey all, new Ranger owner here. I'm not all that UP on vehicles electronics. I think the cam chain has jumped time but with all the electronics one vehicles these days, on the road diagnosis just not simple anymore. QUESTION IS... Is the more than timing chain & Cam Sync that would make the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad