• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dvine

Transmission rebuild

You think it's m5od r2?
  2. Dvine

Transmission rebuild

Appreciate the quick response. For what ever reason I can't attach files due to low memory. Whatever that means. I'd like to email you some picks Ron. The races all fit in the cases. Bearings and races together fit too in the cases. These bearings aren't pressed in. Explorer is 91. It's 2...
  3. Dvine

Transmission rebuild

Hello again everyone. Since the alternator replacement fixed the starter issue, I'm getting 30mpg. Almost a brand new truck now until I broke second gear. I didn't have 3rd gear for over a year. But shifting 2nd-4th works great. The synchro for 3rd chewed and 2nd is in 2 pieces. So I got it all...
  4. Dvine

Starter issue

So here's the closure of this thread. I wanted to tow a car around and needed the ranger battery so the car would have power steering and truck died. Grabbed the exploder alternator and the key has worked just fine for over 2000 miles. Thanks to everyone, couldn't have driven my ranger this far...
  5. Dvine

Starter issue

Haven't heard of that before. It's just so odd that there's no other issues with this truck. If it's not the starter solenoid, I would think there's other things that would be wrong. As I said, I'm just going to replace the whole unit (again) and see if thet works
  6. Dvine

Starter issue

Since it will kick out and spin with no load, doesn't that mean the parts inside the solinoid are fine? Or it's broke just enough to work without a load but not under one? Interesting. I'm with ya on it being the starter solinoid since I can't find anything else it could be. Once I can replace...
  7. Dvine

Starter issue

Oh and RonD I'm getting 25mpg average. Before exhaust replacement I was getting like 12
  8. Dvine

Starter issue

Appreciate the advice. Will check fuel leak. I bench test with jumper cables and the solinoid kicks and spins on the ground. Loud and strong. Battery cables to solinoid on starter and mounting bolt for the battery neg. Test light shows power on starter solinoid from big battery cable. Post 2...
  9. Dvine

Starter issue

Well I found both driver side transmission connectors were ripped out. Spliced the wires with donor plugs since I didn't have the old ones and everything is doing fine. I held on and off buttons for cruise and about 2-3 seconds I heard a click somewhere in the steering shaft. I still feel the...
  10. Dvine

Starter issue

RonD: found the frame/cab ground. Or what's left of it. There's a broken wire from frame but I can't find the other end. So new wire frame to fire wall. When driving, if I put it in neutral, rpms bounce up and down from 13-1500 press in clutch pedal and it idles right down to about 9 which is...
  11. Dvine

Starter issue

Anyone know about ground straps? I'm having other electrical issues that I'm thinking is related to the no start issue. After I pulled them motor for oil pan and exhaust work and my dash gauges where haywire. Found out the strap from wiper motor/firewall to the back of the drivers side head was...
  12. Dvine

Starter issue

13. Dvine

Starter issue

Only clicks once. After I turn key to start it, I get click. While holding key, after the click, I connect my wires and it starts. Test light shows post 2 (little post) on starter is hot. Only when I turn key and it clicks. Basically I'm getting power from 1st post(big post with battery cable)...
  14. Dvine

Starter issue

Actually bought a $60 starter and under ten starts it broke. Went with motor craft $120 and haven't had it fail yet.
  15. Dvine

Starter issue

Hey guys. Been a while but I've learned a lot from the last couple years with this truck. I've done head gasket and everything in-between. Over 700 miles after 500 mile re-tighten head bolts. Runs amazing. New exhaust manifolds/gaskets, water pump, thermostat, oil pan gasket, IAC, list goes on...
  16. Dvine

Upgrade Brakes for towing: 93' Ford ranger 4x4 v6 options

I know it's been a while but I thought I should have some closure with my posts. Found out that she is wired for trailer brakes. The mico locks pressure in my brake lines. Put brake pedal to floor, pull lever out, remove foot. The brakes stay full pressure so I don't have to keep foot down. For...
  17. Dvine

Awesome knowledge as per usual. But life happens and stopping isn't an issue anymore. Nither is towing. 150 mile trip was too much for the old truck. Tranny stopped putting power to wheels so look for my thread on questions and problems with Tranny swap out.
  18. Dvine

Well this is why you talk to experienced people. With all that knowledge, heavy duty rotors are probably the way to go. Anyone use carbon ceramic pads? The sound good online.
  19. Dvine

Suspension upgrade

Looking at 4.5 arch springs. 3\1 but pack is only 1\4" thicker but have 1350lbs at pad. Do leafs effect length of rear shock? Tires are 29s. Maybe 1" from wells when turned. Cushy is an understatement. My hitch hits the curb when I go over one. Leans a lot during turns. Hell, Even a stiff...
  20. Dvine

Damn dude. Think about brakes much? All very good points. Only thinking the rotors would last longer than standard. If not there's no point. Except calipers match...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad