• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bracket mounting location?

On my 03' with the 4.0 SOHC, I have two brackets for securing wiring, possibly for the O2 sensor and wiring harness. I believe they came from behind the engine, mounted to the bell housing. These were left off 2 years ago. I would really like to put them on, but I cannot figure it out. Does...
  2. New engine or repair?

Here we go again. It's been two years and about 25k miles since I had the engine out and installed a Cloyes timing set. I started hearing a rattle at start up that has been getting worse. I bought new Ford OEM tensioners. I started with the passenger side. Somehow the threads on the cylinder...
  3. For Sale Rebuild able core 4.0 SOHC

Anybody interested in a core 4.0 SOHC from my 2011? Long story, ended up replacing the engine due to lack of available parts way back. Anyway I hate to scrap it. I bought the truck not running, overheated. Reworked the heads, new timing set. The RH cam shaft failed shortly after getting the...
  4. Found! Camper shell

I am in search of a used camper shell/ top for my 03' ranger. I'm willing to travel somewhat in the southeast. I am looking for one of the nicer types such as a A.R.E. Z-series. Black is preferable, but the color doesn't matter. I'll repaint it if necessary. It doesn't have to be perfect, but...
  5. Differences between 4.0 SOHC long blocks

Ok, it looks like I'm on the hunt for an engine for my 2011 4.0 sohc. I think I know the answer to this question but, what are the differences between the 4.0 sohc long blocks in the Ranger, Explorer, and Mustang among all years. I do know my 03' has spray rails above the cam and the 11' does...
  6. Level 2 Reproduction Shifters

I have been brainstorming an idea for a while about reproducing the non existent level 2 chrome shifters, knobs, bezel, ect... It seems to me there would be a niche market for these parts. I have been on the hunt for a set of originals to copy for quite a while, but I haven't seen any for sale...
  7. Diesel distilled from used motor oil.

Since fuel prices are going crazy at the moment I decided to try an experiment. I did the Biodiesel thing years ago with great success, but when fuel prices went down I stopped. Now that is $5 a gallon again it's worth my time. I have a nearly unlimited supply of used motor oil. I cobbled a...
  8. "New" normal highway speed

Something I have been noticing over the past few years is it seems like normal traffic speed on the interstate seems to have gone up significantly. Speed limits are just a suggestion. I'm not saying anything should be done, or driving above the posted limit is dangerous in the right condition...
  9. Free bumper, tailgate, and other parts

Free usable parts. I need to clean out some extra stuff and I really don't want to scrap usable parts. Free if you can pick them up or just pay for shipping. I'm located 20 minutes north of Birmingham,AL. Front chrome upper bumper from a XL or maybe XLT without wheel flares. Also the plastic...
  10. Oil filter quality and Timing chain noise

I recently finished the rebuild of the engine on my black 03' Ranger in late December. I installed the Cloyes timing set. Everything ran great. After 50 miles or so it got it's first oil change with Motorcraft 5w30 and a Motorcraft oil filter FL820S. I had a couple of occasions where I had some...
  11. No start after timing chain replacement

I need some help. Back in July I purchased a 2011 Ranger Sport with the 4.0 SOHC, The truck had a blown head gasket. I briefly heard the truck run it started up but ran with a miss. There were codes for cylinder misfire on #5+6. I pulled the engine and sent the heads to a machine shop to be...
  12. 2011 4-Liter Rebuild

I just brought home a 2011 Sport 4x4 with a blown head gasket. I bought this truck with the intentions of hacking it up for my diesel conversion project, but this truck is too nice, so it's getting put back together as Ford built it. This was my first time going through a 4 liter. I had both...
  13. Power Stroke Ranger Conversion

Hello everyone, I have been wanting a ranger with a powerstroke diesel since I found out they were sold in south america, but of course not here. I bought my first ranger new back in 2004. Sold that one bought a F-250 with the 7.3 years and years ago which I still have. After much searching I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad