• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

You too adsm thanks for chiming in.
  2. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Thank you everybody, I finally figured it out. One of the computers I had was either too old or was broken. Put another in and she's running like a beast. Thank you everyone for your help, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out without you guys. Big shout out to RonD thanks buddy.
  3. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

I'm about to change the fuel filter, sorry for so many questions but I'm learning alot from you guys. Due to water being in my tank would that kill my fuel filter?
  4. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Can I hook up a 9v battery to them to check integrity?
  5. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Ok thank you for that info. The 97 came with smaller injectors on it so I'll probably put the bigger ones back in. Is there a way with a volt meter to see if injectors are still good?
  6. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

ok, I just changed the fuel pump, I had a massive amount of water in my tank, before it would start for a second and die, so i pumped all the bad gas out and put fresh gas in, it started after that but I have not changed the fuel filter yet, i have no idea if water would damage that but I have...
  7. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Unplugged but didn't really make a difference. it idles perfect doesn't always start the first time. but after 2-3 goes it starts. it still feels gutless, like it has no power. checked computers I have three of them and they all looks brand new. I know its gotta be something with my timing. but...
  8. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Another question I had was. After you install timing chain and guides on the 4.0, before you put the harmonic balancer back on, you're not supposed to the the engine at all are you?
  9. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Just wanted to say Ron that you are a good person helping so many people out on here. i'm still having trouble with my Mazda B4000 (it's a 94 with a 97 4.0 OHV non SOHC) So I rebuilt a 97 4.0, took it down to the block and changed everything except for the pistons, rings, crankshaft and...
  10. Camshaft syncroniser to crankshaft rotation please help

Can anyone tell me how many times the camshaft syncroniser rotates for every revolution of crankshaft harmonic balancer? If I'm not mistaken is it 2 times? This would be on a 4.0 V6 OHV (NON-SOHC) I feel stupid. I rebuilt this 97 ranger engine and the timing chain was set at 6 and 12...
  11. 97 4.0 OHV (NON SOHC) into a 94 Mazda B4000 Camshaft Syncro Help

Hi, i'm kind of new here. Having a bit of a problem keeping my truck running without dying. So I rebuilt a 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV and replaced everything but the piston, rings, crankshaft and journal bearings etc etc. When I replaced the camshaft strut tower I used the alignment tool and what not...
  12. M5OD Transmission question

Has anyone seen an M5OD Transmission with only upper bell housing bolt holes? Just picked up what looks to be like an M5ODR1 Transmission (looks identical to the one removed from the 94 Mazda B4000/Ranger I drive). The only difference looked to be the front drive line output shaft. So the 4WD...
  13. Please help 1994 mazda b4000 with 97 ranger engine

Does anyone know what the extra sensor is on the M5R2/M5OD Transmission (I think that's the model) there is a sensor on both sides on the 4wd transmission. I pulled a two wheel drive transmission and it's missing a sensor on one of the sides.
  14. Please help 1994 mazda b4000 with 97 ranger engine

Got it, thank you. It was a wire that connects to the transmission that I forgot to plug in. Think I got everything worked out. Thanks again so much for everything. Stay safe out there.
  15. Please help 1994 mazda b4000 with 97 ranger engine

Thank guys again for your responses, have it all back together now but I'm having a problem getting it to crank. I just replaced the starter and the cable going from the starter to the battery. There is something I'm missing, I'm getting 12v to the starter so I don't know where I'm going wrong...
  16. Please help 1994 mazda b4000 with 97 ranger engine

Thanks guys, I appreciate each and every one of you for your replies. I'm going to try to go with the old harness and computer and will keep you guys updated on how it goes. Thanks again, it's much obliged.
  17. Please help 1994 mazda b4000 with 97 ranger engine

Quick question, I have a little bit of a problem. So I have a 1994 mazda b4000 with the 4.0 V6 OHV with manual transmission. Recently I got a really good deal on a ranger engine from a 97. Got the engine, flywheel, computer, wiring harness. So I rebuilt it to spec and now my dumas realizes I...
  18. Engine Surge Please Help

New IAC valve, new TPS, have checked for leaks, replaced upper and lower intake Man fold gaskets, just changed the fuel pump. The only thing left I'm thinking is the PCM (computer) but yeah it still has lag and surges only at full throttle..
  19. Engine Surge Please Help

Hello all, I'm new here. I have a Mazda B4000 4.0 OHV with a manual transmission. I'm having surging issues. It lags (has loss of power) until the accelerator is all the way to the floor. I was throwing multiple codes. But have cleared everything up except for code 172. These are the things...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad