• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 3.0 Duratec Engine into a 1999 3.0 Ranger

Thanks for the info. Do I take the automatic tranny from that same Explorer? Any significant adjustments to make the drivetrain fit?
  2. 3.0 Duratec Engine into a 1999 3.0 Ranger

Thanks to all of you guys for the input and education. It seems the two ‘simple’ options are: 1) stick with the 3.0L Vulcan and modify it to the best of it’s ability, or 2) put in a 302. If Option 2 is selected, which automatic transmission should/can I match with the 302 to put in my 99 XLT...
  3. 3.0 Duratec Engine into a 1999 3.0 Ranger

Does this mean a Lincoln LS engine can fit my 99 XLT? Which years? I might start looking for one now. Would I need the tranny out of a 3.7 Mustang like Stmitch mentioned?
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Watched the snow melt off of it.
  5. 3.0 Duratec Engine into a 1999 3.0 Ranger

Here we go. The 2009-2012 Escape and the 2010-2011 Mercury Milan have Duratec engines the have a max HP of 240 according to Ford Specs. Understanding that the mechanical fan and the oil pan will have to be swapped due to engine orientation, does anyone have experience putting this 240 HP...
  6. 3.0 Build

Thanks. I appreciate the reply. What do you think of putting a 60mm TB from a 99-2004 3.8L Mustang on the intake? I know it will take some porting to make them match up and work.
  7. 3.0 Build

Did I read correctly in that you said 98-2000 Ranger 3.0s came with aluminum upper intake manifolds? Just checking. I know 2000 Taurus cars came with them and I was going to get one to port for a larger TB and put it on my Ranger.
  8. 99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

Update: I found a valance with holes for fog lights and I found a valance and fog light combination for a1998-2000 Ranger front bumper, both on Amazon. The price for the valance alone was $68 from the lowest priced vendor. Many vendors sold the same valance for different prices. The...
  9. 60mm Throttle Body on a 1999 3.0L

The 99-2004 3.8L Mustang has a 60mm throttle body that will match a 2000 Taurus metal intake manifold. The manifold will need to be ported so the throttle blade of the larger throttle body does not hit the inside of the manifold. Port the lowers of the intake manifold also for even better air...
  10. 60mm Throttle Body on a 1999 3.0L

I’m considering putting a 2000 Taurus (Metal) or 2001-2008 Taurus (composite) upper intake on my 1999 3.0L XLT automatic. The metal UI is shorter than the composite and I think would fit better overall. Understanding that porting will need to be done using either one, I’m interested to know...
  11. 3.0 performance mods

Did you take any pictures of your process? I would try it but don’t want to screw anything important up.
  12. Shark fin Antenna as 89 Ranger Replacement Antenna?

Has anyone ever replaced their stock antenna with a modern shark fin antenna? I’m thinking about putting one on my 89.
  13. Differences in 2.9 Twin Throttle Body Intakes

Would the Merkur manifold with the twin throttle body fit on a 2.9l in an 89 Ranger?
  14. 99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out and let you know.
  15. 99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

I would like to thank you for introducing me to LMC Truck. It is an AWESOME site for (original) parts and modification parts.
  16. Wind Deflector on 99 Passenger Window

No Sir. Mine appears to be ‘tucked in’ along the window channel as opposed to stuck onto the door as in your photo. I’m pretty sure it’s original to the truck.
  17. 99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

Which Ford vehicle bumpers with built-in fog lights are a direct swap for a 99 Ranger XLT? I don’t want to attach aftermarket fog lights to my truck if there are other options.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad