• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Odd rattle. Chain guides or something else?

2004 Ford ranger 4.0 5 speed 4x4. 178k miles. All stock components. Just picked up this truck, has a odd condition rattle noise. It only rattles when revving down from above 2600, doesn't rattle on cold start. Doesn't rattle on idol. Rev less than 2600 and it won't rattle but when revved up...
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) '99 2.5 PCM issues?

My 1999 ranger 2.5 manual 2wd is having some issues. 1. Interment missfires and low power at any point in the power band randomly. 2 Oil pressure gauge bounces. 3 idles poorly and pops randomly while idling. 4 if the AC is running and the power steering is beinf used it causes it to die. As if...
  3. 1999 2.5 -> 4.0 SOHC help

ok so fun scenario that ive got and i just wanna make sure ive got this worked out. I have a 1999 ford ranger 2.5 manual 2wd thats about at the end of its life for the motor and long story short im not willing to fix it id rather spend more and change it. At the parts yard i can get a 4.0 sohc...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad