• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. b1pig

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump relay signal/trigger

For what it's worth, I found and fixed my issue today. I stripped back the wiring harness from the flexloom. I was getting very low voltage on both the 12v and ground wires on the fuel pump trigger wires. The voltage was good on the main power feed to the relay. I borrowed a Maestro tool from...
  2. b1pig

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump relay signal/trigger

Someone help me out here.... 88 2.3 manual. The red wire on the fuel pump relay is the trigger (12v) to close the relay and send power to the pump. I can't reliably get 12v on that wire. I poked a jumper into the relay, relay close, pump came on. I checked and found fuel at the fuel rail...
  3. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

Thanks for sharing that. If I need to pull the seat back out, I'll definitely look at that.
  4. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

Not familiar with it. built a RC plane a few years back. Nothing springy in the controls rods. The suspension, while springy, was nothing I'd consider musical. LOL.... But hey..... That rope might by under there for a few years. I went for a ride this evening with my daughter. Good thing, I...
  5. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

AAhhh... music wire, as in guitar string? Man, I should have thought of that. I have a full set of strings in my closet. I have a couple of acoustics, but after breaking some fingers at work, I've had a hard time trying to learn.... LOL.... What I thought about was using one of the antenna rods...
  6. b1pig

Product Review: 1st Gen Coverlay door panels

Glad I got to see this. Was thinking of going with this. My door panels are horrible.... water running down the inside because the window seals are shot.... well... they really aren't even there... sssoooooo....... Anyway. Given what I'm dealing with, the poor trimming might not have bugged me...
  7. b1pig

Steering column diagram

Just throwing this out there for everyone. General info and not necessarily make/model specific. I've had a hard time trying to find a replacement harness/brush assembly for the steering column of my truck. Literally the ONLY thing that does not function on my truck is the cruise control, and I...
  8. b1pig

My 88 D21

many years ago when that stuff was just coming out, I used that on a 92 Civic that I had. I recolored the sides of the seat black and after I put a center console and armrest in it from the graveyard, I painted it as well. Turned out REALLY good on the fabric. Not so much on the vinyl. Their...
  9. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

My temporary... but better than it was... fix. That rope is rated for 300 pounds.... So it's not going anywhere. With the cardboard, the foam will "see" a flat surface and keep the rope from digging into the already cut up foam. Sits better than it did, for sure. The mounting feet for the...
  10. b1pig

My 88 D21

Looks a helluva lot like the piece that was in the '88 Sentra we had when I was a teenager.
  11. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

Took the driver's seat out this evening. Turns out, the foam is ok. Has a couple of spots where the wires cut into the foam. The wire supports are what came apart... well... rusted apart. I took the sliders/mounts off of the seat frame. They're soaking in rust remover right now. One of the...
  12. b1pig

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 runs awful at WOT

While I'm no expert on the 2.3, generally speaking there could be any number of reasons why the engine is running like this. Generally speaking though, the engine is just an air pump. If you make sure it is flowing freely into and out of the intake and exhaust, then the problem is certainly...
  13. b1pig

Need some Ring and Pinion brand Advice!

Alloy USA, Motive Gear, Yukon and G2 are some of the major brands. I have personally ran both Yukon and G2. No complaints with either. As far as mixing the brands for some parts... they are all machined to a specification. All seals are supposed to be made for a specific application, as all are...
  14. b1pig

SOLD! 83-88 3 inch drop lowering i beams - Atlanta

you still have em? who made them?... and where in "west" GA?
  15. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

Probably no surprise to any of you (nor myself after getting a look at it), the seat PADDING is actually in pretty good shape. The cave-in is due to the support wires on the base of the seat being rusted/broken. That is something that I can actually fix on my own. I got the seat tracks freed up...
  16. b1pig

Kohler Command Pro 9.5 hp problem

First thing is first. If it seems to idle fine, but stalls when you apply the throttle, the first thing I would do is apply the choke or enrichment. If this IMPROVES the engine's running, you probably still have crap blocking the air/fuel ports inside the carb. Another way past that is to put...
  17. b1pig

Whats your most money "invested" in a vehicle after purchase?

I never want to know what I invest in any vehicle. You almost never see a return on that money, other than your own satisfaction. However. I wanted a 4wd Grand Cherokee back in 1999/2000 time frame. I could not find one that I could afford. So. I bought a 2wd, 4.0 1998 ZJ. I then converted it...
  18. b1pig

Callsigns?

KG4KPI.... Been licensed since... uh... some time ago. Just a tech. Never had the time to devote to going any further in the license classes. Just have a quad-band in my Jeep. A couple of 2m radios on a shelf in the house. Personally since the scene has gone to all the internet based bull crap...
  19. b1pig

Seat foam for '88 60/40

I, too like to live dangerously..... Yea. I'm a cheapskate. I will have to pull the seat out to have a look at it. I've run out of time on this little "vacation" I've had from work. When time presents itself, I'll try and pull it out. Not sure what sort of shape the seat frame is in, either, but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad