• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

Wel Well I didn’t end up running the flush. We did a full oil change with VR1 10w-30 since we had it and a motorcraft filter. Theres good news- the oil pressure is restored and is stable. To make sure, I made about a 7 mile trip up the freeway maintaining about 65mph, the pressure did not drop...
  2. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

Hey thank you for all your help. I’m just fortunate I’ve had time off work to work on this bronco so much. If everything was perfect with it, I wouldn’t be having any fun. If i had a garage I would be looking into a remanufactured engine or possibly a diesel to swap in. Meanwhile I just like...
  3. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

I’ve got a bottle of motor medic flush. Im willing to try anything. Do you think diesel oil would be ok? I’ve heard this a few times.. It doesn’t get colder than 50 degrees American where I live. I don’t think this engine is as beat up as I’m letting on. The bronco only has 150,000 lite miles...
  4. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

this is what happened.. I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge and found out I was wrong. The electronic sender/ gauge is reading true. The oil pressure is good at a cold start, and then drops down to MAYBE 5-7psi after 10 minutes of running.. no matter what speed/ RPM I’m at, the oil...
  5. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

Actually the second time I’ve heard of this... unfortunately did not fix the problem.
  6. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

@19Walt93 @franklin2 @8thTon I’ll be updating pretty soon with everything. Meanwhile... I hate to open this can of worms.. however I’m considering Valvoline VR1 (high in zinc and conventional) 10w30 for my oil change, after I do a flush. I’m thinking of taking this engine back to something...
  7. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

The bronco passed smog just fine, it has a lot of power and runs good.
  8. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

I’m only 75% sure its coming from the valve train. I became just a little more certain today when I started it Up and it became quiet for a second, which has never happened as long as I’ve owned it. My next best guess would be the flywheel... it has a newer stater on it, however, is kind of has...
  9. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

I was also about to install a mechanical oil gauge... however I lost one of the two really tiny compression sleeves.. so that’s gonna have to happen another day. I don’t think oil pressure is an issue though
  10. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

@8thTon @franklin2 @19Walt93 So, I removed the rocker assembly and cleaned it up really well, here’s an after picture Nothing looked beat up, the shaft or holes were not clogged. Afterwards I re-adjusted everything very carefully with the feeler gauge. Started it up, of course it ticked at...
  11. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

From what I understand, oil is fed into the rocker shaft through the center bolt, and then Travels to each end.. from the shaft, the oil travels through the front hole that you can see on the rocker arms, then travels down each rocker arm and onto the valves. I believe the corrosion is clogging...
  12. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

I’m thinking that the rocker arm shaft is clogged up and starving the entire valve train of oil. It seams somewhat simple to remove and replace, I’m just going to go for it. Ill replace those two rocker arms while I’m at it. Worst case scenario, I put it back together and it still ticks.
  13. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

no, the oil Is clean, and there’s no other signs of water leakage any where else. The bronco did sit for 14 years, it’s possibly it built up condensation. However if that’s the case the. I don’t understand why it’s only the center cylinder that’s corroded. Im thinking that somehow the corrosion...
  14. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

Ok, that makes sense. I wonder why it is then that the middle cylinder is having such an issue when you can see that the other two are getting oil, and are atleast not corroded. The ticking is loud. Too loud. And gets worse the longer I drive.
  15. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

I wonder if that also applies to the 2.8
  16. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

@19Walt93 @franklin2 @8thTon well I made the adjustments today. This is what i found on cylinder 5 upon removing the valve cover.. They’re corroded, and I’m most certain they’re not getting oil. Ive basically pin pointed the tick/ knock coming from cylinder 5s valves. I even used the...
  17. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

@19Walt93 @franklin2 I was thinking about adjusting them, I doubt it’s ever been adjusted. My engine has a singular tick that’s pretty loud and seems to get louder after about 30 mins of driving. You know... Just by sticking my head near the engine, I almost want to say it’s not coming from...
  18. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

@franklin2 does your 2.8 have a tick to it? Do you have any suggestions on how to address it? Also.. what oil are you running? I’m planning to just use 10w-30.. I have now idea what oil is in it now. I replaced the waterpump and thermostat, was relieved to see the engine run at normal...
  19. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

I see what you're talking about. The thermostat did not come with a gasket or O Ring. Im getting all the gaskets and waterpump tomorrow. I figured i might as well change the pump out now while i have everything drained and disassembled. Im not quite sure why they put the thermostat down low, im...
  20. 24in of vacuum at idle too high for the 2.8L?

Here you can see exactly what im talking about. This grove does not exist on my Bronco's waterpump.. also, there was no thermostat installed in either the upper or lower. I find it hard to believe this Engine came without a thermostat. Perhaps it sat so long without a thermostat that this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad