• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mr.Wizard

2002 4.0 V6 4x4 "Bumping" issue?

Hey guys, got an interesting problem and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with it? I've got an original lower control arm lift on the front (Unsure of the brand but similar to the one rough country sells) and a body lift in the rear with 33x12.5 BFGs, appropriate offset rims - all tires are...
  2. Mr.Wizard

Rear Axle Identification

Yeah you're correct, I read some wrong information before I added that and deleted it. So that also means any of those different ID # axles would fit fine you think?
  3. Mr.Wizard

Rear Axle Identification

Hey guys, I've got the 2001 4x4 4.0L with 8.8", 4.10 gearing and 10" drums (I run 33 x 12.5 with a 3" suspension lift) I blew my pinion gear on the rear diff. Got about 140k on it but looks like it was a hauler previously - I've done some offroading but nothing that should've blown it so bad...
  4. Mr.Wizard

2002 Ranger Edge 4x4 Lift Identification and Tire Size Questions?

Got everything together and dialed in, that rim/tire combination I posted above worked out really well, very happy with it! No rub or trimming necessary and got rid of those pesky spacers. Also sanded down the headlights with 400, 800 and 1200 then gave them a 2k, made a huge difference without...
  5. Mr.Wizard

I'm looking at the following wheel / tire combo -- the BFG wheel spec's say it recommends a minimum 8.5" rim (33 x 12.5 x 15), is that a hard won't fit correctly or is that more of a guideline and it'll be fine? I'd really like the wider wheel for the look but will move to the 10.5" if the width...
  6. Mr.Wizard

@Uncle Gump New axles and bearings going in right now! Mechanic just sent me these terrifying/hilarious photos. There was never an axle there, it must have gone bad and the PO plugged the diff with a rubber "seal" ("To keep the dirt in and the oil out" to quote my mechanic). He put some...
  7. Mr.Wizard

Thanks guys, pretty sure I've got the 4.10 with 8.8" but I'll have to verify when it's out of the shop. I'm unsure but I think the flares are already trimmed, the PO has some weird aftermarket ones on there already. Will have to check how aggressively shaped they were or if they're just cosmetic.
  8. Mr.Wizard

Sounds like it was gone, the mechanic said it looked like someone stole it. The drivers side has a circle locking hub looking thing that covers the nut access so I think you hit the nail on the head. Stoked you caught it and I didn't damage anything! Mechanic also agreed on the wheels and said...
  9. Mr.Wizard

Here's pictures of the output and the hub interior. I can't see any obvious damage unless those interior fins by the woodruff key are sheared? Is that the stub that's on there and it's keeping it in place? Definitely not sure it was even on there anymore and I missed it. I didn't jack it up but...
  10. Mr.Wizard

It's definitely gone, I suspect it fell out on the drive home from the lot, it was 100% there when I bought it. I'm floored the thing just fell out. The axle bearing is rusted but nothing looks busted up, it's almost like they just didn't torque the nut down (if it had one) and it slid right...
  11. Mr.Wizard

I was unsure on that too but the old tech collection has identical looking ranger/bronco as the 88-92 upgrade rim. Just got rusted bolts on mine instead of the shiny guys.
  12. Mr.Wizard

Dude it looks like you're right! I'm going investigate when I'm home tonight. Would explain the smoking deal part ?
  13. Mr.Wizard

Is the unit the lower arm bolts into not an aftermarket lift? I assumed it normally bolted into the thing above it and that was added on judging by the factory manuals I've found online. I'm looking at the #10 attachment point here if this is even the right image for my truck. The small blocks...
  14. Mr.Wizard

Just got a smoking deal on a '02 4x4 with the 4.0 V6 Automatic, 130k. Starting from scratch on the owning a truck thing, the girlfriend made me sell a few motorcycles so I wouldn't die and this was the compromise. It's got a front lift kit I haven't been able to identify, does anyone know...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad