• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Windshield Removal

I pulled one from a junkyard out, first try. It was a workout for sure, but it wasn’t hard to figure out or anything. All in all, I would rate windshield replacement as much more of a labor job, than a know how job no doubt
  2. Window compatibility question

Hey everybody good evening. I am curious, and I have spent about 20 minutes looking already with no success, what years of Ford rangers will have a driver's side window that is compatible to my 2000 Ford Ranger, with electric controls (if that matters). Somebody decided that I should no longer...
  3. Fuel pump question

Understood. Thanks Ron. I will have to keep troubleshooting other potential causes for my loss of fuel mileage evidently.
  4. Randomly choking at 35-40 mph & 55-60 mph

However testing your theory what I did was just feather onto the throttle more and more little by little until I reached a point of those symptoms arising and the results are that once I throttle the pedal to x amount I do have a window where there's fluctuation and the amount of RPMs being...
  5. Randomly choking at 35-40 mph & 55-60 mph

See I'm confused at how to accomplish that because like I said it doesn't matter what gear I am in it will no matter what do this at the same exact speeds. Now that being said to accomplish getting to that speed in first gear wouldn't the throttle position be completely different than if I was...
  6. Fuel pump question

Hi I am wondering will direct wiring a fuel pump to a toggle switch directly to 12 volts cause a decrease in gas mileage? I have recently done this on my 2.9 and not only does it seem like I'm getting half the gas mileage that I was before I can also clearly hear my high pressure fuel pump just...
  7. Randomly choking at 35-40 mph & 55-60 mph

The other day as I was driving, nothing out of the ordinary had been happening and out of nowhere coming out from a stop sign as I approached 35 to 40 mph, with no change in the throttle, my 2.9 l ranger randomly hesitated for approximately two to three seconds. it didn't stutter so much, but...
  8. Electrical issue with fuel pumps

So I lost all power to my fuel pumps. I pop the hood and found a fusible link melted. I repaired the fusible link. I also found another connection that wasn't allowing current to travel through it which was a connection that had the inertia switch wires orange/blue, and orangish/black running...
  9. No power to fuel pumps

So the other day I was driving and I lost power, truck started slowly sputtering until completely dead. Cycle key and no fuel pumps activating. Pop the hood found that a fusible link have been blown. Addressed that issue. Using a circuit tester I made sure that I was getting power from the...
  10. '86 2.9L fuel filter canister bypass

Good evening so I've struggled with this black, twist apart fuel filter for long enough. I'm wanting to run a filter like today's modern, shiny, one-line in, one-line out filter and just straight line the return right back to the tank. Is that going to cause any issues? And if ii can what fuel...
  11. Idle per usual

Trucks idling like garbage so naturally start at the IAC valve unplug it truck dies no matter what RPMs the truck is idling at
  12. 2.9 to 4.0 radiator swap

Okay so if I don't have to worry about them then that means I need to plug them correct? What would I plug those with
  13. 2.9 to 4.0 radiator swap

Also can anybody tell me what these lines are for? This is a radiator off of a 92 4.0 Ford explorer. My 86 ranger 2.9 does not have any of these hookups how can I go about using this radiator still are there plugs that I can use?
  14. 2.9 to 4.0 radiator swap

Ok. Anybody able to confirm? A 2000 4.0 radiator wouldn't work?
  15. 2.9 to 4.0 radiator swap

I'm sorry what does iirc mean
  16. 2.9 to 4.0 radiator swap

What years of 4.0 Ford explorers can I pull a radiator off of for a 2.9l ranger? Thanks
  17. 6 months later, still shuddering

I first noticed it when I purchased it and got it on the road for the first time. That was back in November roughly 35 degrees outside on average. If I keep truck under more load it is much less noticeable other than when climbing through the 40 - 50 MPH range which is when you can definitely...
  18. 6 months later, still shuddering

Good morning ranger station. I've posted pretty much this exact same thing probably 2 or 3 times. My 2.9 has a shudder/shaking issue and has since the day I got it running after buying it. This is probably my 4th or 5th time having this problem randomly just show up one day when I get in to...
  19. inner fender removal?

I am starting this same repair. What drill bit do I need to drill out the spot welds and does any body have a part number for this inner fender? I've looked for about 3 days and can't find one in existence. Almost called it quits and got ride of the truck thinking I was going to have to do a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad