• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

I checked out the Bronco Graveyard but they didn't have some of the parts in stock. I bought the Moog stuff over on Rock Auto. I'll report back when I get it.
  2. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

Just an update for those who want to know... I really made some progress this weekend. First thing I did was add the balancing beads to all 4 tires. I did this because of a vibration at 60mph+. The tires and wheels were purchased together and had dynamic balancing done, but still had this...
  3. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

Yes, the one in blue is the one I'm concerned about. I will check them both. Thank you!
  4. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

No I did not have the tires in the air. Dummy me. I'll give that a try tomorrow if I have time. If not it'll have to wait till next week as I have another project going this weekend. Thx. Rear suspension very good. No rust, no broken leafs, no bad shackles. The truck sits level/equal side to...
  5. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

When I say "scary as hell" I mean as I'm hitting ruts or potholes the truck will pull left or right (no pattern, just seems to be random) instantly and I have to very quickly correct it or I'll be out of my lane. It's true white knuckle driving. :-) :) On the interstate where it's mostly flat...
  6. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

I have many vehicles from the 1960's to modern times. I know of what you speak. But this is definitely not right. On some roads the Ranger is just scary as hell. I drove it for 10 years before retiring it. Never had this problem before. But your thoughts are valid.
  7. coil spacer vs camber bushing

Just FYI, I tried this and Firestone said they would not do any alignment on any modified trucks. This might be a local thing, so I was wondering if anyone else had the problem with Firestone not aligning modified trucks.
  8. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

Thank you all, I will do as you say and call around. Yes I did read that article it was very good and why I posted here. :-) Most definitely the most knowledgeable site for Ford trucks on the net. :cool: As for shocks, I installed the Bilsteins. (B6-4600, no lift) I had to wait over a year to...
  9. Been to 2 places and I can't get a decent alignment on my 94 Ranger

My Ranger is back on the road after being put to pasture many years ago. For some reason the alignment is not right. I replaced the shocks front and rear and had the wheel bearings replaced but I've been to two alignment shops in my town and neither could get a decent alignment. The first place...
  10. Is the 1994 Ranger 4WD "shift on the fly" from low/4WD to high/2WD?

Thanks for all the answers. I agree on the relieving tension using acceleration and then backing off. As for not having "enough truck," it's all I have. The Ranger is rated to 5500#s towing with the automatic. I have 4500# on it and the only issue I have with the manual is on inclines starting...
  11. Is the 1994 Ranger 4WD "shift on the fly" from low/4WD to high/2WD?

I have a 1994 Ranger 4L, V6, 5spd manual with 4WD. I have always come to a stop to engage 4WD and/or 4WD/Low Range. But I'm towing now and I'm wondering, if I start in 4WD/Low can I shift on the fly back to 2WD/High Range? If I can't, can I swap 1st gear from a non 4L 5 speed trans to mine...
  12. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

I was correcting the other person. He claimed his cleaner cleaned deposits left by ethanol. That's factually untrue. Gasoline leaves deposits. Ethanol does not. Ethanol is a solvent. Yes, it will attack certain plastics and corrode aluminum. But that has nothing to do with the issues we are...
  13. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

Normally I try to ignore such trash talk but friend I've been using Seafoam for over 20 years. I have 9 vehicles that I maintain. All are 14 + years old, most from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90s. They are all shapes and sizes. On my wife's Toyota, 150K miles, it developed a very rough idle. Very...
  14. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

Thanks for the sarcasm. (Like there's a shortage of that on the net.) I guess I should have used the word "functional." The truck has always had shitty mileage. Long before I made any modification to it. From the day I bought the truck brand new in 1994. My modifications have been trying to...
  15. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

I would not say that. They are just potentiometers that adjust the voltage. I can't say anything about the item above, my mine does work.
  16. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

The homemade CAI is here: http://ford40.com/airbox.shtml The MAF housing is a Vortex and the adjuster is made by a company known as Best Products. Mine is very old and the housing has deformed from the heat but it still works.
  17. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

Well in the thread that never ends... I have discovered a leak in the fuel pump line. When I pulled it, I looked very carefully for cracks or any degradation in the hose. To the naked eye, it looks almost brand new. But today I looked thru the filler port and could easily see the pump and rubber...
  18. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

Okay I 'll check the pump again. It's all still apart and easy to do. thanks
  19. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

Hello All, I'm still trying to nail down the fuel pressure bleed down issue. It's either the injectors or the regulator right? Is there some valve in there like a spring check valve on the return line? And if it's the regulator, then it has to come out the vacuum port right? And I checked the...
  20. 1994 Ranger 4.0 V6 cranks but won't start. Tried all the normal things. Grasping for straws here. One weird clue.

really you had it right from the start. I don't know why I didn't listen. :-/ Thank you.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad