• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JMF661

Gen III? 1994 Ranger winch bumper?

Hello All, I was curious as to if any one out there has sourced some bolt on offroad/winch compatible bumpers? I'm fairly certain I had read in a previous thread that a fairly active user had bought some still available, reasonably priced, bumpers. The front bumper having a winch mount...
  2. JMF661

Gosh dang crooked truck.

1994 4.0l super cab. Installed a skyjacker 4inch kit with new extended radius arms. Rig had the ranger lean to the driver side. New front springs, New rear leafs. Just installed 6 inch skyjacker springs on the front. Both front beams are in the upper pivot holes. Drove the truck around the...
  3. JMF661

She will run out of gas at 1/4 tank.

Alright folks, 94 ranger 4.0ohv, from the looks of it, the fuel filler neck has been recently replaced. Not certain on any replacements regarding the fuel pump assembly. I very recently learned that, if this truck is allowed to hit 1/4 fuel level in the tank, it will definitely die on you...
  4. JMF661

Keeping it cool while at low speed!

So, I've been cruising around some in the 4.0 OHV A4LD. Its been real hot out, 100 plus for a week or two now. I've noticed while climbing or idling with the AC running my coolant temp is climbing out of the normal range for the truck. Firstly, the fan clutch and fan are getting replaced, going...
  5. JMF661

1994 4.0OHV A4LD cooler options.

Pretty simple, my cooling system is stock. I’m going to be doing some off-roading and am concerned regarding the transmission temp. What brand/cooler unit are you folks introducing to your system? Any suggestions? thanks all!
  6. JMF661

Changed lights to LEDs. ABS system down.

Hello everyone! 1994 4x4 ranger. Just like the title. Installed LEDs for the turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights. Now the ABS dash dummy light is on, tested the truck, ABS is definitely offline. Maybe there is a way to remedy this and keep the LEDs, probably just going to buy some...
  7. JMF661

Tow hitch for off-road recovery/snatch straps

Hey all! I’ve been looking around and found a few 2” class III receiver setups that would fit in my 94 ranger. I’m sure these would work as well as any for off-road recovery/hits on a snatch strap. What are folks out there using for this application? Thanks!
  8. JMF661

Front end bump stops on lifts!!!

Here is another one all! So, one would want bump stops on their truck, it prevents the shocks from bottoming out and blowing up the coil buckets/shock mounts. My question is concerning aftermarket kits (skyjacker, and maybe others). This bump stop is very close to the top of the Ibeam at...
  9. JMF661

Skyjacker 4” lift with radius arms tire rub.

Hello folks, I’ve got this old ‘94’s lift finished up (skyjacker 4” with radius arms.) I’ve got a little tire run that is occurring at full lock. Driver tire will rub on the radius arm when belting out a u-turn. Current solution is to simply stay away from full lock. However I am in the market...
  10. JMF661

Anti theft ideas for a ‘93 Ranger

So, as you all know thieves are running around everywhere. They love to slim Jim open the doors on older vehicles and run off with them for a joy ride. If you’re lucky they find your truck a week later missing the tires and battery without much other damage. Anyhow, I’m sure this topic has come...
  11. JMF661

12.5” or 10.5”!?!

Just finished the 4” lift on my 94 ranger. I’ve got 31” KO2s on it now. I’m looking to put some 33”s on it, I have my eye on a set of KM3s. With the wheel locked I have a pretty minimal amount of space before rubbing will occur. I should probably pick up a set of 15” x 8” wheels with less...
  12. JMF661

BF Goodrich are the best!

Sorry guys, but they are the best tires. I cannot wait to get some more offset wheels to get some 33inch bff mud terrains. Honestly though I’ve had Generals and Coopers, all greats tires. I’m convinced if you stick with the tires I deem suitable you will be successful in life!!!
  13. JMF661

Skyjacker 4inch rear leaf spring lift pinion angle concern.

Hello all. Im working on finishing up this Skyjacker 4inch lift on a ‘94 4x4 Ranger. It worth mentioning I have installed a single piece drive line and have swapped in an FX4 31 spline ranger axel. Anyhow, I have the new leafs and axel bolted up and I am concerned the pinion to driveline angle...
  14. JMF661

Skyjacker radius arm installation issue.

Hello All, Trying to finish up the installation of a skyjacker 4 inch lift on my 1994 4x4. I had hung the driver side beam, however the radius arm was “stuck” and would not pivot toward the center of the truck enough to stab it into the new radius arm mount. Upon closer inspection the inside of...
  15. JMF661

Installation of a Skyjacker 4” class II lift info

Hello all! This community has been pretty great so far, lots of ranger fans out there with tons of experience and expertise that I certainly don’t have. I’m an amateur wrench, my old man is a pro and gave me the bug at a young age. He runs a 1970 bronco 302 with a Dana 44 solid axel and such, a...
  16. JMF661

Dana 35 TTB regear and possible Posi upgrade question?

Hello All, Recently acquired a FXII 4.10 ratio 31 spline rear end with Torsen L/S for my 94 4.0L 4x4 Ranger. Just waiting for some new brake components to arrive so I can complete the swap. Anyhow I am looking to regear the front diff to a 4.10 as well, I am also interested in possibly...
  17. JMF661

Single piece driveshaft swap 1994 Supercab ranger question.

Hello All, I have 94 4x4 Supercab 4.0l OHV ranger and have acquired the appropriate single piece driveline from a 4x4 98+ Supercab. I have reviewed the tech articles regarding this swap. However I have identified some conflicting information/opinions regarding the removal or modification of...
  18. JMF661

4.0 OHV oil leak.

Hey guys, Starting an investigation into a pretty decent oil leak. Have redone the upper/lower manifold gasket. The font of the motor (crank area) seams to be pretty clean. Seems to leave me with the oil pan gasket and the rear crank seal gasket being the culprit. The oil pan gasket will...
  19. JMF661

Thermostat jiggle valve 4.0l OHV

Hello All, I’m doing an intake manifold gasket replacement on this 4.0l OHV 93 ranger. I’ve ordered a mahle intake gasket set. Anyway, the stat thermostat I’ve ordered doesn’t have a built in jiggle valve like the installed stat valve. Should I drill a small hole in my new one, or attempt to...
  20. JMF661

Air Conditioning system leak 1994 4.0L Ranger.

Hello all, I have a '94 Ranger 4.0L. A/C system did not work on purchase, compressor would not engage. I decided to start by adding R-134a until system pressure was within specification, compressor came on as expected, cold air out of the cabin vents. I was really hoping I got off easy. Fast...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad