• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JMF661

Duff dual shock tower with skyjacker arms

I have also looked into installing the duff dual shock buckets with my skyjacker kit. I don't know that you would have to do any welding, maybe some rivet removal. Not sure there are many benefits other than a "tougher" spring bucket for hard wheeling.
  2. JMF661

M5OD guide

I would also be interested in such details. I plan on swaping an m5od in place of my current a4ld at some point in the near future.
  3. JMF661

How far have you traveled for a Ranger?

If its a 4x4 manual 4.0 ohv with manual transfer case, I'd go check it out, at least! Depending on the advertised details. All day long.
  4. JMF661

Gen III? 1994 Ranger winch bumper?

I'm going to shop around on their site. Thanks Gump!
  5. JMF661

Thanks Uncle Gump! This was exactly what I was looking for.
  6. JMF661

Poll: Best Spark Plugs and Best Oil for 1996 4.0L V6

+1 for Motorcraft wires and plugs (autolite as well). I am currently using them and have had good results. I did use proper spec'd acdelco plugs with Motorcraft wires in my 4.0 ohv for a few months, can't report that I had any issues.
  7. JMF661

Hello All, I was curious as to if any one out there has sourced some bolt on offroad/winch compatible bumpers? I'm fairly certain I had read in a previous thread that a fairly active user had bought some still available, reasonably priced, bumpers. The front bumper having a winch mount...
  8. JMF661

How far have you traveled for a Ranger?

From Sacramento to Los Angeles, about 400 miles. I feel as if many on here have gone much further!
  9. JMF661

Am I getting had by alignment shop?

Bozeman is a spendy town.
  10. JMF661

Am I getting had by alignment shop?

Might want to ask them for your itemized bill when you pick it up before you get yourself too bent out of shape. I've had my 94 done a few times, ended up changing some spring around and such. Each time was 240 and 290 bucks. If its one of those fancy offroad specialty shops, they could just...
  11. JMF661

Changing out transmission crossmembers. Any advise?

Used grinders and punch/hammer, as well as air chisels for rivet removal. Air chisels are definitely the way to go, much cleaner.
  12. JMF661

Rattling after some trails

Rocks on the topside of a skid plate perhaps?
  13. JMF661

Ford Ranger on Scotty Kilmer

Scotty is a bit of a nerd, but I wish I made his YouTube shill monies!
  14. JMF661

Gosh dang crooked truck.

1994 4.0l super cab. Installed a skyjacker 4inch kit with new extended radius arms. Rig had the ranger lean to the driver side. New front springs, New rear leafs. Just installed 6 inch skyjacker springs on the front. Both front beams are in the upper pivot holes. Drove the truck around the...
  15. JMF661

best jack for my ranger?

That's a pretty sweet offroad jack!!!
  16. JMF661

best jack for my ranger?

I have a cheap-o aluminum 1 ton hydraulic jack I picked up at O'Reillys in the back seat. Only because the previous owner had got rid of the factory jack. Nothing wrong with the oem screw jacks for changing a tire, however a bigger floor jack certainly can have its advantages.
  17. JMF661

HELP FORD RANGER 1994 xlt lift

Mine is a 94’. I would go ahead and recommend getting the six inch kit. I’m already looking to replace my four inch coil springs with six inch coil springs.
  18. JMF661

HELP FORD RANGER 1994 xlt lift

To do it “right” without any major custom fabrication work, the skyjacker kit worked pretty well for me. The 4/6 inch kit with leafs, shocks, and new radius arms will cost about 3000 dollars. I’ve heard the duff kits are great as well. I feel like I got my money’s worth.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad