• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Oaktree22

1989 2.9 ranger: journey to passing inspection

Well she ain't pretty but she'll pass inspection when we send her in
  2. Oaktree22

The bed is officially on the truck! Now it's just gonna be some work on the tailgate to fix the holes from the chrome strip and then send it out for inspection.
  3. Oaktree22

Well she went down the street under her own power for the first time in a while 🤠
  4. Oaktree22

Well things are happening but I'm trying to set up the parking brake and it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen
  5. Oaktree22

All the parts just got here today so we'll be starting to reassemble the ranger, hopefully everything goes smoothly
  6. Oaktree22

The welds aren't perfect but with how secure everything is we had 3 guys standing on the joints and didn't hear or see anything that would raise any red flags.
  7. Oaktree22

We cut the back half so that it slid into the original frame, then ran bolts through as well as welding it, so it isn't just butt welded together, I do see what you mean tho and we thought about that before welding. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it here in a minute.
  8. Oaktree22

Been a while since I've posted on here but I figured I'd give an update for anyone still following, we spliced the frame from the donor truck and everything has gone smoothly so far, now it's just a thing of painting the frame then putting it all back together.
  9. Oaktree22

We've got the truck all cut apart now, we couldn't use any of the front, it was crushed, so it's going for scrap, we hacked the frame off just behind the rear cab mounts, since it might be useable for patchwork. We pulled the engine and trans, I can pull apart the engine to see if there's any...
  10. Oaktree22

Yea, we'll make good use of anything we can tho
  11. Oaktree22

I can save the rims, but can't use them on mine, they're 14 inch, mine are 15 inch, same style tho, and if I end up pulling out the engine I'll talk about that too
  12. Oaktree22

The parts truck is slowly being taken apart, we cut off the roof for easier access (it was crushed anyways) and are planning on taking off the cab for easy access to the frame, we tried turning the 4L that's in it but it sounds like stuff is most likely broken inside, the bed came off with very...
  13. Oaktree22

Looking for suggestions: more power from a 2.9

Yea it sucks but I doubt it'd ever happen, heck the only factory v8 in an F-150 is the 5.0 isn't it?
  14. Oaktree22

Well we got the parts ranger today, with a pretty good condition bed, a good cap, and a solid frame in case we need to do some patchwork. It must have been crashed early in its life cuz it's very clean, even in the rear leaf spring hangers.
  15. Oaktree22

I don't think we've got any laws against straight through, my dad has one on his 150. I like the sound it makes, but I'd like it to be just loud enough to hear from the cab, cuz I can't even hear it from inside at 3 grand.
  16. Oaktree22

I'm still in highschool and can't get my permit yet, so I decided that I'd have time to work on a truck instead of spending a lot for a newer one. My dad and I asked a family friend about the old ranger that he had, since it didn't pass inspection. He said $200, so he brought it over and we got...
  17. Oaktree22

Looking for 89 long bed panels

By some miracle we found someone who's got a whole bed, basically rust free, problem solved.
  18. Oaktree22

Looking for 89 long bed panels

I think that with the luck I'm having I might just turn it into a flatbed since I more or less will be using it for some heavy-duty work

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad