• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5 speed forever

2001 4.0 manual transmission noise

My bad. Yes I changed the fluid 2 weeks ago, it was at the correct level and there wasn’t any huge chunks of metal on the magnet. Fluid looked used but fine. I changed it with regular Mercon and the noise hasn’t quieted down any, if not gotten louder.
  2. 5 speed forever

2001 4.0 manual transmission noise

Hey guys, only my second thread on here hope it’s in the right place. anyways I have a noise coming from my (manual) transmission. I almost sounds like bells ringing, or a chain being dragged. the sound occurs whenever you’re moving in any gear, or in neutral stopped. The sound doesn’t occur...
  3. 5 speed forever

4.0 transmission compatibility

Well I’m picking up the ohv trans tomorrow, I’m 99% sure the only difference is one bolt hole that got moved for the timing cover. Anyone else have any 2 cents?
  4. 5 speed forever

gotcha. Is there any issue with the vehicle speed sensor compatibility? Assuming that’s in the trans..?
  5. 5 speed forever

Thanks man! I’ve heard the bolt patterns are the same except for one hole? I’m not 100% sure and don’t feel like spending $250 on a trans that won’t work lol.
  6. 5 speed forever

I have a 2001 ranger with the 4.0 sohc with the manual 5 speed M5OD transmission, 4x4. The transmission has developed some bearing noise and someone is selling a trans out of a 1997 Ranger with the 4.0 ohv 4x4. Will this be a plug and play swap? What are the compatible years for my transmission...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad