• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. V8 Swap What Transmission??

I would much rather go with the 5.0 V8 but why would you recommend this one because it is easier for 4wd?
  2. V8 Swap What Transmission??

So I want to swap a 302 into my 83 ranger and I’m thinking about using the T5 transmission but I want to know if I can use 4wd with it. Do I need a special adapter? Is there a T5 that can fit the transfer case ?
  3. 83 Ford Ranger Jumpstart instantly turning over

I’ll send a picture of it tomorrow during the day
  4. 83 Ford Ranger Jumpstart instantly turning over

I hooked it up exactly how it was with the old solenoid so I am not sure how something could be hooked up wrong
  5. 83 Ford Ranger Jumpstart instantly turning over

I hooked it up exactly how I took it apart and it ran fine when I had it like that before but I’ll try smacking it to get it unstuck could the relay just be faulty ?
  6. 83 Ford Ranger Jumpstart instantly turning over

So I have a 83 Ford Ranger and I went to start it after 4-5 days of it sitting and it was clicking so I thought it was a bad solenoid. I replaced that and went to start it but my battery was dead so I jump started it and right when I hooked up both of the jumper cablesthe engine started to turn...
  7. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

This is my first time ever dealing with wiring thankfully it’s a old rig so it shouldn’t be to hard but how do I know what types of cables and what not to buy ?
  8. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

Okay this is makes sense but this also has me wondering how the truck ran fine for 3 days right when I bought it? Any info would help
  9. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

That is coming from the red terminal connecting to the frame going through that plastic thing in picture 1 and then connection to the solenoid with only a washer between the connection from the other terminal.
  10. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

The key was in the position right before you have to hit the button on the bottom of the Column to take the key out
  11. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

Would it be a short or something drawing way to much power ?
  12. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

I’lll send pictures when I get home today but I thought something was up from that because that is the one that got hot and melted
  13. 1983 Ford Ranger electrical issues

So I just bought my first truck and it was running fine for the first 3 days and out of no where it wouldn’t start I tested my voltage on the battery and I was getting 3volts I tried jump starting it and nothing happened still would not start so my buddy said battery is toast so I went and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad