• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. azrangerman85

98 3.0 Automatic to 98 Compatible Manual Tranny

Please help me . Can anyone point me to the correct order of operations to swap my transmission to manual? Bell housing ? same or different? what Must I do to leave my engine as is and just change the tranny?
  2. azrangerman85

44r4e No Reverse , spotty Shifting / delayed 1998 Ranger 3.0 4x4

my first symptom came a year ago when my truck delayed shifting into reverse from a stand still. I have changed the fluid at 55k. There are 0 signs of mechanical debris or wear down... the fluid was ruby red . I checked my fluid and it is still ruby red. When I startup in 35 degree weather this...
  3. azrangerman85

Attention AZ Ranger owners Anyone need a 4.10 axle?

Im selling an axle 4.10 / 7.5 its clean, pinon gear and spider gears are all in great condition. I dont need it after I bought it . I have brand new U bolts for it made at a shop for 75 lbs foot torque. I live in North Phoenix , Az. Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/k2RItOrHTDb
  4. azrangerman85

1998 3.0 4wd XLT 4r44e P0715 code and flashing OD

I have a flashing OD light and the code says p0715 , " Turbine Input Speed Sensor Circuit " the only speed sensor I can visually locate is the rear differenetial . I tried diagnosing it , the transmission was shifting hard but it was shifting into all gears , so if I go and shut it off the...
  5. azrangerman85

4x4 works but Dash Indicator light doesnt work

1998 3.0 Ford Ranger XLT extended Cab automatic transmission auto TC I changed my electric motor switch I tested the plug for ohms , it has current . I checked my 4x4 2wd/ 4hi / 4lo switch, it appears to be lit and working. I took my dash cluster completely out and changed the bulbs. I...
  6. azrangerman85

Stranded need help

My 3.0 has carbon emission smoke coming through the air intake and out the hose . I stalled really bad. I disconnected my air intake big hose and opened the butterfly throttle valve and see emission smoke coming out . Just a little but my engine is choking on it . I need help! I havent changed...
  7. azrangerman85

Stalling , changed dpfe, cleaned egr valve, new iac, new tps

I have a stalling issue. My truck was beginning to rev up and down, mostly down, and sounds like its guzzling and then dies, or jumps back up on throttle. My tps is only 1 year , my iac is 1 year, I just changed my DPFE sensor, I just cleaned the egr and re installed it....the solenoid to the...
  8. azrangerman85

I changed my fuel dampener , having rpm fluctuation, and stalls on idle

My 3.0 1998 Ford ranger is stalling at idle, it bucks while driving 30-40mph , weak acceleration. Sometimes it begins to rev up and wants to go forward by itself while im at a stop light. This is scary because its dangerous in an intersection. I changed my fuel dampener, because I had a fuel...
  9. azrangerman85

**URGENT HELP** engine revs up to 1200, then down to 1000, then below

I have no check engine light, and this happens mostly in idle now this week. My truck is a 3.0 Auto ford ranger 1998 4wd. The engine revs at 1000 which is its normal idle, it goes up to 1200, then down to 1000, and then suddenly it will randomly drop below 1000, almost stalling then suddenly it...
  10. azrangerman85

Brakes sticking? Or transmission speed sensor?

I have a problem since about 2 months ago. My speedometer gets stuck sometimes at 40-45 mph in the 3rd gear, at the 4th gear, around 45-50 mph it does the same sticks like its not moving but i can feel my vehicle gaining speed, then suddenly it JUMPs to the 50....sometimes if im on the highway...
  11. azrangerman85

4x4 spindle arm Vacuum line 1998 XLT 3.0

I have a question, for you 4x4 experts. Do the spindle arms on driver and passenger side have a vacuum hardline to the hub? Is this required on the Driver side? I took my tires off to inspect my brakes and realized that my 4x4 hub on my driver side has no vacuum line connection, and I noticed...
  12. azrangerman85

Cigarette Lighter Circuit Blowing a Fuse consistently

Im trying to use the cigarette lighter circuit to wire up some under dash lights. MY lights work just fine, in the on position, but once I flip the switch to off....the fuse blows . Ive used a 30 amp, a 25 amp, a 15 amp fuse. Any ideas of what is wrong here? everything I wired was soldered and...
  13. azrangerman85

New here on 1/18/2020 , 1998 ford ranger 3.0 v6 flareside owner

Ive been dealing with little issues since I did a rebuild on my engine and transmission. Problem solving a P0172, and also an Overdrive /rpm loss of power going uphill. I think the problem is my wiring harness where it connects to the internal transmission harness (automatic 4x4 transmission)...
  14. azrangerman85

1998 ford ranger 3.0 4wd speedometer "slipping" or not responsive

I am having a speedometer issue. My transmission overdrive (Im assuming an electrical connector) is having a problem, and now my speedometer is having a problem separately. First I have had an issue of RPM loss, and loss of power going up any tiny climb or grade, I can be in overdrive at 60mph...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad