• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mass airflow sensor choice

Well the one currently running is from the junkyard but its only a 4 wire sensor and doesn't have the air temp sensor, i tried one that had the 6 wire connector but it had the wrong size housing, tried to adapt it but the truck did not like it one bit, every other 6 wire maf ive seen at the...
  2. mass airflow sensor choice

Well the one currently running is from the junkyard but its only a 4 wire sensor and doesn't have the air temp sensor, i tried one that had the 6 wire connector but it had the wrong size housing, tried to adapt it but the truck did not like it one bit, every other 6 wire maf ive seen at the...
  3. mass airflow sensor choice

Well yes i realize all of this the issue is that the 6 wire MAF sensors ive tried even ones labeled as for my truck's year make and model have had the wrong size housing, the maf senosr will not fit in the housing i have, and when i adapted the thing to fit my intake anyways it caused the engine...
  4. mass airflow sensor choice

I have a 2002 mazda b-3000 ds ffv, when i got it it had a bad MAF, so i replaced it with one from the junkyard only to find that while it works it throws a code for not having the air temp sensor built into it as its from a year where it wasnt built into the MAF yet, i thought no problem ill...
  5. Cam sync chirp

I read about how the distributor and the cam sync wear differently in the exact same set up it is definitely strange, and i think the old article onbit should be updated with some of what you said because there are some tips you mentioned the old info doesn't have that would definitely make it...
  6. Cam sync chirp

Thank you ron you are always a wealth of knowledge and advice i will sadly have to go with a cheap replacement but a syncro that won't last as long is better than no oil pressure destroying a truck with only 66k miles, i will get it taken care of in a day or 2
  7. Cam sync chirp

Ive got a 2003 mazda b3000 and within the past week the camshaft synchronizer has started chirping, the past few days its been constant but before it was only when i first started the engine, i just need to know how urgent this issue is, im short on money right now but can fix it in the next few...
  8. No guage cluster lights, rear running lights or license plate lights

I spent a while unhooking the aftermarket CD changer, which in pretty sure was hooked up to the illumination circuit, and there was a strange wire spliced into the rear light harness going up to one of the tail lights, i disconnected it and it didn't harm the lights ability to function, i...
  9. No guage cluster lights, rear running lights or license plate lights

Thank you for the run down, ill all that and see if it works and reply back by the end of the weekend if it doesn't, im not great with electrical issues so its a big help
  10. No guage cluster lights, rear running lights or license plate lights

Ive got a 2003 maza b3000 ive just bought off a friend, its apparently got a parasitic draw that used to be worse till he unplugged the aftermarket stereo but its still there, as well as that the maf was bad so he replaced it and the new one quickly went bad as well, fuse 33 also keeps blowing...
  11. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

I think i had sticky valves, i decided to try just dumping a much of marvel mystery oil in the crank case and fuel tank then spray a ton of seafoam in the throttle body, this morning when i fired her up she ran almost perfect from the start, very slightly not perfect at first but it was so small...
  12. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

Welp as i said, i cant get the front one loose for the life of me so sadly wont be able to do that test, ill do a sanity check when i have the time i suppose
  13. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

I su I suppose i can try to get some money together, grab a junkyard computer for like $35, throw it on and if that doesnt work get some cheap 02 sensors for like $50 off of rock auto and have the muffler shop throw those on and the muffler for maybe $100, idk what they would charge but i do t...
  14. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

Well lately ive just seen the IAC valve cide with the obd2 app i have rn, but the one on my old phone b4 i smashed it to bits read all kinds of wacky codes popping up then disappearing, even when things were running ok, wasnt sure if it was the app or the truck but nothing else read so much...
  15. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

Well if the suspension is anything to judge their age by that would mean 22 years old with almost 300k miles on them, doubt they have ever been replaced, i just wouldn't expect them to be the source of this since the issue goes away after a little while, id have done it a while ago i just cant...
  16. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

Well i see i was slightly misinformed but still it just further proves my point because this behavior persists long after the engine has warmed up
  17. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

Its just a crap IAC valve, wont bother replacing it because there's no issue with it being unplugged, im sure that if i had extreme weather changes or altitude changes id need it but i live in florida so i can manually set the throttle idle position and forget it, a bad IAC wouldn't cause the...
  18. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

IAC hasnt been hooked uo for a loooooooong time, runs better without it, the 02 sensors are a bit grimey and old but that just makes the engine run rich not lean
  19. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

Ahhhh i had always been told it was for emissions and that one goes on the exhaust stroke or something like that to burn up extra fumes but that never sounded quite right to me, in any case it loses a tiny bit of power i think but it still runs all shakey Qfter letting her sit and run for the...
  20. 2.5L ('98-'01) Weird misfire

So no corrosion on the ecu, all the pins were nice and shiny, just found the check engine light is busted but i check for codes regularly and the only 1 there is is for the idle air control valve which i unplugged a few months prior to this issue cause it caused poor idle and that doesnt seem to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad