• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. johnmw

2.3L ('83-'97) Idle question .....

Well, finally got time to work on things ...... Replaced the IAC valve, no change. I guess the speed sensor in the differential will be next. Had a local shop tell me they could fix it, $ 100 per hour plus parts. Like F#*$.
  2. johnmw

2.3L ('83-'97) Idle question .....

My 1997 Ranger with the 2.3L , 5spd has taken to doing a strange thing lately. Everything works great and it is it's usual dependable self. Coming to a stop in an intersection the idle stays up around 2200 -2500 until the rust bucket comes to a complete stop, then the idle slowly drops to 1000...
  3. johnmw

GEM Modules

Cleaning out the barn, Have 2 GEM modules left from my last fight. Problem turned out to be the New Battery from Walmart was a piece of crap. Put in a new one from Farm&Fleet electrical problems solved. I always find it amazing how new stuff isn't always a good thing. NO MORE WALMART BATTERIES...
  4. johnmw

84 Bronco2

Thanks to someone who got her license out of a gumball machine, we get to keep driving this Bronco for awhile. Thanks for all the input John ( Yes a local body shop couldn't any rust, I had them look for it )
  5. johnmw

84 Bronco2

Actually, is rust free, and it is driven quite often unless they have put down salt cause of snow. I'll get pics up as soon as we are informed as to sell it or ??? wishy-washy folks drive me nuts !! John
  6. johnmw

84 Bronco2

If I have put this in the wrong place, sorry, I aint too bright. Have access to an 84 Bronco II, been taking up space here abouts for a year or so. Rust free after a life in Las Vegas area, now in Davenport Iowa. Needs work to be back to it's original glory. Emissions system has been farted...
  7. johnmw

Tach or Not to Tach, gads what a question

Been trying to work all the bugs out of this 97 Ranger. The Instrument cluster has been some what damaged and some of it don't work, could be the amount of glue the previous owner used putting it back together. Looking at the local salvage yards the clusters I'm being offered all have a tack...
  8. johnmw

2.8 Liter Points ?

We are in the process of ordering Duraspark stuff now, I just wish who ever had this thing before it showed up here hadn't chopped everything under the hood up as bad. I am kinda starting this project with no electronics at all. Alternator and starter is about all that is still there. Carb is...
  9. johnmw

2.8 Liter Points ?

Did they ( whoever "they" is ) ever make a points distributor for this little 2.8 in a friends 1984 Bronco 2 ??
  10. johnmw

Haunted 97 Ranger ?

Finally replaced the switch. The wiper still do whatever they want to do when they wanna do it. Most everything is back to normal, kinda . Working on grounding issues at the moment.
  11. johnmw

97 Ranger brake parts

WOW, be great if you have one ................ Let me know cost thanks John
  12. johnmw

97 Ranger brake parts

I found the wheel cylinder pins, they were for older ford. The measurements were exactly the same as mine, so I grabbed 4 0f them for $ 10. I have 10 inch drums and no one seems to have the parking brake lever for 10inch drums. Parking brake on one side is better than none. There is a Bendix...
  13. johnmw

97 Ranger brake parts

I was recently given a 1997 Ford Ranger, with some issues. The rear axle was leaking oil on the driver side, so I replaced the seal and figured the other side was probably not much better. When the wheel came off the passenger side there was no brake drum. No Problem, who doesn't have that part...
  14. johnmw

Haunted 97 Ranger ?

OK, found the ding ... ding ... ding source, was a small plastic tab with a contact on it next to the ignition lock cylinder. Was broken loose and hanging by the little contact. A bit of J_B Weld and it is held in place and all is well with the noise problem. Take the key out and no dinging...
  15. johnmw

Haunted 97 Ranger ?

I had several local folks tell me that same thing. I scrounged up several at local salvage yards, three actually, and never seen any change, nothing, zip. Could all four of these have the exact same problem ?
  16. johnmw

Haunted 97 Ranger ?

Hi, Trying to figure out what is going on with this 1997 Ranger, 4cyl Manual 5spd trans. Basically a striped down model, no remote entry, no cruise or power door locks. Anyway, Wipers come on when they want to, and stop where they want to ( normally in the middle of the windshield ), Fuel gauge...
  17. johnmw

97 Ranger clutch question

Sorry for the delay in the update here. Clutch looks great inside. Still has the grooves in the friction material on the disc, Pressure plate looks new, throw out and pilot bearings seem new also. I don't know, put it back together to get management at this mobile home park off my ass. It seems...
  18. johnmw

Strange, This morning, the damned thing has the correct amount of free-play in the peddle, clutch worked smooth with no chatter when I let the peddle out slow. Drove it around a bit, it warmed up, it sat there for a minute with my foot off the peddle, then the clutch grabbed spinning the tires...
  19. johnmw

Recently put my foot on the clutch in my 1997 Ford ranger, 2.3L 4cyl, 5spd. Took every ounce of strength to get it down, then it didn't engage. Kinda sat there for a moment then it grabbed with a chirp of the tires. Worked fine for a few blocks then did it again. Now, if you try to drive it...
  20. johnmw

nother new guy

Hey folks, Just thought I had better say hello before I ask a potentially stupid question. Just got a 1997 Ranger 2.3L, 5spd, Power steering and power brakes, other than that it's pretty much a basically a plain Jane,with No Options. It shows 244,689 on the odo. Here in Davenport Iowa trying...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad