• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. More bad parts

This guy is working on the Ranger again. "New" or "rebuilt" distributor went bad with a few other problems also.
  2. Interesting options on a Bronco II

This video has been on youtube since 2014 but I have never seen it before. It shows the lift-off back windows, a lift up rear hatch window, and rear cargo area storage compartments I didn't know they had.
  3. tech article correction

I believe a statement in the article in the link below is wrong. Probably a simple typo. Here's the article link https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/2-8l-chevy-tbi-swap-on-to-ford-2-8/ The problem is under the Why? section. Last paragraph in this section. It states; This will not work...
  4. Mitsubishi FM145 teardown video

1986 Ford ranger.
  5. Distributor problem with my 2.8

I have converted my 2.8 to a duraspark dist and HEI module. It has been running great for the past 2 years or so. I drive it daily to work and coming home the other day it just shut off like you turned the key off as I was cruising down the road at about 60 mph. I pulled over, it would not...
  6. Interesting discovery on the 2.8 models

Been having hot fuel problems with my Bronco II. Bucking, stalling out on hot days, especially when sitting in traffic. Changed the oil the other day and while I was under there, traced the fuel line on the driver's side frame. It is located inside the "C" of the frame with the brake lines...
  7. Good video on the trials and tribulations of the 2.9

The early EECIV can be very difficult to troubleshoot. This is a well versed mechanic in this video. Helps to watch him get frustrated like we all do working with this system.
  8. Towing with a tow dolly

Since the moderator shut down the other thread (prematurely in my opinion) I was not able to reply and give my experiences. Besides the Ranger being on the small side, towing a vehicle with a dolly presents other problems, namely there is very little weight on the hitch. You would think this...
  9. Adding a little info to the 2.8 valve seal replacement procedure

To anyone changing their valve seals on the 2.8 v6, I would like to add my experiences in doing this today in addition to what's contained in this tech article here. https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/ford-2-8l-valve-seal-replacement/ Maybe it will help someone. I recommend you have these...
  10. Bronco II rear axle is wider than a Ranger axle

Found this out the hard way. Kept finding the pass side axle shaft is longer, but nothing is said about the complete axle is wider, including the spring perch mounting. I finally found on another site an obscure note that the Bronco II axle flange to flange is 1 1/4 inches wider than a ranger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad