• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent start/die when warm

The fuel filter has been replaced within the last thousand miles and I tested the fuel pressure with a harbor freight fuel pressure gauge, see below. The truck did seem to run better after replacing the fuel filter but I still have the starting issues. Key on engine off 35 psi Idle steady 30psi...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent start/die when warm

This has happened at all tank levels.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Intermittent start/die when warm

I have a 97 2.3 manual 2wd. It does not have any codes and runs fairly well. I've averaged about 20mpg in the 3000 miles I've had the truck which I understand is fairly low. I've read rangers aren't quick but this think makes my prius seem zippy. I can live with poor mileage and acceleration as...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Multiple issues '97 2.3L manual

Ok I finally have a working fuel pressure gauge and some readings. I bought one at Harbor freight and it leaked everywhere. The needle was jumping up and down between 0-20 and it was dripping all over the place. I put plumbers tape on the connections then it wouldn't come off zero. I exchanged...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Multiple issues '97 2.3L manual

Really? Nothing? How about this? What could cause my little truck to die and have trouble starting? I hopped in last night for a short trip to Walmart. I backed out of the driveway and made it to the stop sign. The engine shuddered to a halt as I came to a stop. Not only was the clutch pedal...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Multiple issues '97 2.3L manual

I have a '97 2.3L manual transmission ranger with multiple issues. I'm hoping you guys can help me come up with some things to check. 1. Super slippy clutch cooled off for 2ish hours and now it's back to normal I got my oil changed today at a tire place that was advertising oil changes for...
  7. New to me truck leaves puddle in front of bumper

So the truck has been sitting for 3 days. Looks like the leak has "stopped." It doesn't leak when it's not under pressure. That means it's a small hole, right? What do all of you think about some sort of stop leak product? Any recommendations on products that are better than others or terrible...
  8. New to me truck leaves puddle in front of bumper

Whilst looking under the hood I leaned on the front of the truck and it moved backwards. I'm thinking my parking brake doesn't work very well. Perhaps the truck rolled backwards a bit when I was getting in-and-out trying to find the exhaust leak (top of the cat/resonator that is between front...
  9. New to me truck leaves puddle in front of bumper

I bought a gallon of universal coolant (surprised it was orange) and topped up the radiator and overflow tank. I drove around the neighborhood a few miles and got the engine up to temperature according to the gauge on the dash. I didn't see anything spraying out when I parked it, but there was...
  10. New to me truck leaves puddle in front of bumper

The liquid is sorta brownish and feels slightly oily but dries. Makes me think it's old coolant that needs to be changed. I've had leaks on cars before but all of them were under the vehicle. This puddle is literally in front of the truck. I'll try filling, running, and looking for leaks but how...
  11. New to me truck leaves puddle in front of bumper

Coolant is low but all the stuff that lines up with the puddle is dry. There's a lot of "wet" coming down from the power steering and all over everything below it but that's got it's own little red puddle. The guy swore up and down it didn't leak but I guess he's a liar. Don't tell my wife my...
  12. New to me truck leaves puddle in front of bumper

I just bought a 1997 Ranger. I've only had it about a week and a half and only driven it maybe 40 miles. I used it to move into my new place and it has been sitting for 4 days. I've got several things to do to it to make it "perfect" but one has me perplexed. The appearance of a spot in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad