• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rough idle/shaking issue

Yes, the engine and transmission mounts were recently replaced, by the previous owner. That is the kind of thing that could be responsible though, so thanks.
  2. Rough idle/shaking issue

Appreciate your suggestions. I'm dubious about it being the computer, and they are kind of expensive to boot. I have played around with the screw a little already, and that might end up being the short-term solution, although it doesn't address the source of the problem, at least as I...
  3. Rough idle/shaking issue

Should have rolled this into the previous message, but also wondering if there might be any benefit to getting the computer reflashed, if that is even possible (a dealer item I assume)?
  4. Rough idle/shaking issue

I just had a chance to pull the computer out and look it over for obvious issues, focusing on leaky capacitors. I can't see any evidence of any such issues so am going to reassemble and put back in. While this doesn't eliminate it as the source of the issue I'd like to poke around a little more...
  5. Rough idle/shaking issue

Regarding the condition of the fuel lines, while I'm not sure if they are original or not, I believe so. They appear to be in good condition, having inspected them when I replaced the fuel filter. To clarify, the rough idle/shaking condition has not been intermittent, rather is consistently...
  6. Rough idle/shaking issue

The fuel pump assembly (Delphi) was done around 3-mos back, and I'd say the issue has remained approximately the same following its replacement. I'll follow up on your suggestion though, since the problem remains elusive and this is one thing not yet checked. To my knowledge the injectors have...
  7. Rough idle/shaking issue

Appreciate the suggestion, however can rule that possibility out because it was recently replaced too, though not listed in the original post. The gas gauge didn't work when I got the truck and while it may just have been the sending unit I dropped in a new complete assembly due to age.
  8. Rough idle/shaking issue

I'm more than willing to try a few more things before replacing the ECU, including soldering on the motherboard and more attempts to find the Goldilocks position the anti-diesel screw. At one point I had the screw set up where it would idle at ~750 when warm but when I then unplugged the IAC to...
  9. Rough idle/shaking issue

Thank you for the detailed response- I appreciate it! Probably related to the presentation of my query, but those additional items you list (ECT and mounts) to check can be crossed off as well. I was afraid it might be an issue with the brains. I guess I'll have to give that a look and operate...
  10. Rough idle/shaking issue

Recently purchased a 1994 Ranger w/2.3 and auto trans. The truck has ~130K miles on the original engine and a recently rebuilt A4LD trans. I just had the timing belt (and thermostat/water pump) replaced. In addition to basic tune up (new OE plugs and wires, air filter, fuel filter) and oil...
  11. Inline aux transmission cooler hookup for A4LD

Very much appreciate your feedback on this! I'm inclined to go ahead with the easy hookup on the inline aux cooler using the upper line (regardless of whether it is the return or input from the transmission). I have seen variations of that diagram in different places, and got one with the kit...
  12. Inline aux transmission cooler hookup for A4LD

Hi, I have searched the archives (for this forum and elsewhere) and have not been able to find an answer to my question. New to me 1994 Ranger with 2.3 and auto trans (which was recently rebuilt under previous ownership). While I don’t plan to do any towing with this vehicle I do want to take...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad