• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Is it DEAD?

Thanks
  2. Is it DEAD?

Yeah I did. Look, I like this forum. But if you are the boss and dont like people asking questions, i'll leave. I mean, how dare i ask a mechanical question on an automotive forum Right? And I DID NOT say the trans was slipping. Didnt ask a trans question. But your snide remark was about my...
  3. Is it DEAD?

Oh yeah, my son owns a parts yard. It just wont be perfect like this one lol.
  4. Is it DEAD?

True, its also a time issue. And i do have another Ranger as my daily.
  5. Is it DEAD?

My son owns a parts yard, so I may go the used parts route.. Old rangers tend to be driven to death around here lol.
  6. Is it DEAD?

7. Is it DEAD?

I have a 97 2.3 2wd. In 2016 when it was my daily a tree fell on it, and it was pretty ugly ( no broken glass !!! ) so I retired it to work truck status, using it around my property when I am cutting firewood etc. Its been a great truck, but other than toting my wood cutting tools its pretty...
  8. Chainsaws....

Yep. all that stuff makes a world of difference for me too. Due to the previously mentioned bad back, standing in one spot causes pain, so its nice to be able to gas and oil up, AND change chains without having to stop and sit for 5 minutes in the middle of it. The light weight is a plus for me...
  9. Chainsaws....

I cut 15 chord over the last year with a stihl ms 251C; I have had this one 5 or 6 years. Never had one problem. I watched a lot of you tube videos on sharpening my own chain ( by hand) and my sharpening costs are almost nil. In my experience sthil is far superior other saws i have used, and...
  10. Uh oh. Another would you thread

I agree. Love my rangers. Dependable, and suit my NEEDS in a truck. I have owned rangers for 30 years, 3 of them. All purchased used, and i still use the 2nd one i bought on the property here for my wood cutting activities. My latest purchase was a rusted 2001 4x4 and I probably drive it a...
  11. ATV snow plow opinion?

Where I live snowfall has been pretty erratic since the early 70's, as in some winters I've had the snowblower out almost daily for a month, and some i haven't had to move ANY snow at all. (like this year ). 12 years ago i moved out in the sticks, and my drive is 1/10th mile long. First winter...
  12. Love those Rangers.

thanks for the welcome. I am in the southwest corner, about 20 miles from notre dame. I had a full service on the 2002 done at the beginning of summer, tune up, brakes, rear wheel bearings, tires etc ( my son owns a parts yard). I am at the point ( retired) i dont put a lot of miles on it...
  13. Love those Rangers.

I bought my first Ranger in 91 ( 4cyl 5 spd 2wd ext cab) and drove it HARD for 22 years. In 2013 I bought a 97 ( 4cyl 5 spd 2wd ), and in 2016 a tree fell on it in a storm. In late 2018 i got tired of driving a wreck, and bought a 2002 4wd so i wouldnt have to snow blow my drive. I tend to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad