• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. EvanCole45

Weird Snapping Sounds

Hello, my truck is an 88 2.9 5 speed and it started making a very weird snapping sound from the back of the engine bay about two weeks ago. After about 5 miles of driving the sound starts but goes away after a few minutes and two weeks ago it was pretty quiet but over time it's gotten louder...
  2. EvanCole45

For Sale Transmission and Clutch Parts for Sale

Hello I just changed my transmission and clutch and I am trying to sell the old transmission and some parts I didn't use. The transmission makes quite a bit of noise and doesn't shift very smooth but I daily drove with it for 6 months. Someone could use it as a rebuildable core or a very budget...
  3. EvanCole45

Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch

Hello, I have a little plaque under my hood that says my vehicle is equipped with a fuel pump shut off switch and I can check the owner's manual to see where it is. I do not have the owners manual and I haven't been able to find the switch. Could someone tell me where the switch is? The truck...
  4. EvanCole45

2.9L Surging

Hello, My 1988 2.9 L engine is surging at idle and I'm wondering what could be causing it? After driving a short distance and coming to a stop, the engine will start to bounce between 400 and 1000 rpms until I turn the engine off. When I start the truck back up it idles fine until I drive for...
  5. EvanCole45

Transmission Confusion

Hello, My transmission is in pretty rough shape along with my clutch so I thought I'd replace them while I have the time. Some real genius had 80-90w in my M5R1 for 25 years and 130k miles. 80-90w has an additive that dissolves brass and guess what the synchros are made of in the M5R1.... I...
  6. EvanCole45

1999 Explorer 5.0

Hello, I’m going to be going with a friend of mine to look at a ‘99 explorer sometime soon. It’s a V8 automatic 2wd car. I don’t know much about the explorers and I’m wondering if there is anything specific to this vehicle that I should check for? I know all the regular stuff to look for and I’m...
  7. EvanCole45

Isuzu Diesel Engine

Hey guys, I know this isn't the best website for this question but there are a ton of knowledgable people on here that give quick responses. I was wondering if you all could give me some knowledge on the Isuzu 4LE1 motor. It's the 4 cylinder 2.2L diesel and I have the opportunity to buy one for...
  8. EvanCole45

My Ranger got featured on TFL classics!

Hey guys my 88 Ranger GT got featured on TFL classics YouTube Chanel go check it out
  9. EvanCole45

T5 transmission

Hey guys, my drivetrain is very tired and it’s inevitable that I will need to swap it out in the next year or two. While doing this I will probably swap the T5 transmission in whether it’s behind a turbo coupe motor or a 302. My Truck is a 1988 Ranger GT with the M5odr1 manual and the 2.9. I...
  10. EvanCole45

Wanted Ranger GT Fog Lights

This is a shot in the dark but I'm looking for the fog lights for an 88 Ranger GT. They don't have to be functioning and only 1 would work. I'm missing the driver side fog light but the passenger side doesn't work either. Thanks!
  11. EvanCole45

Rear brake proportioning

Hello, full disclosure I know nothing about this so correct me on anything if I’m wrong. My truck is an 88 Ranger GT and it seems that a previous owner broke something in the fuse box so a fuse no longer fits into the place for the break proportioning. It seems that the breaking is 50/50 front...
  12. EvanCole45

M50Dr1 vs FM132

I need to buy a remanufactured transmission. My Ranger is an 88 GT with the 2.9. I've seen conflicting information on whether this has an the Mitsubishi or Mazda built transmission. There are limited pictures available online to compare it to. Visually how can I tell which it is? Thanks!
  13. EvanCole45

M50D-R1 speedometer gear

Hey guys, I need to get a remanufactured transmission for my 1988 Ford Ranger GT. I’m wondering if my truck has a 6,7, or 8 tooth speedometer gear. I hope someone can help me out with this. thanks!
  14. EvanCole45

Considering a V8 swap

Hello, I have been considering a V8 swap on my 1988 Ranger GT. I have read some articles and forum posts on here about V8 swaps and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of agreement on what route to go. I would prefer a carbureted swap because of the simplicity, and I'd be looking for 250-300...
  15. EvanCole45

First Gen Ranger Steering Ratio

Does anyone know the steering ratio of an 88 ranger gt? Also is there any way to make it a tighter ratio for sportier steering?
  16. EvanCole45

First Gen Ranger Transmissions

Are the transmissions on first gen ranger interchangable on 2wd models? The tranny on my ranger is beat to death and I need to find something a little less beat from a junkyard. Thanks!
  17. EvanCole45

Bronco II GT

I'm curious if a Bronco II body would bolt on to a Ranger GT chassis? This would be seriously bad ass with a 302 swap and a body kit on a RWD and lowered Bronco II. If anyone knows if this has been done let me know!
  18. EvanCole45

Tires similar to Cooper Cobra's for 16 inch rims for my 88 GT

I bought my 1988 Ranger GT with 16 inch rims and it is in desperate need for new tires. I love the raised white letter look that the Cooper Cobra and BF Goodrich Radial T/As have but I can't seem to find these tires for 16 inch rims. Does anyone know of a tire with a similar look that comes in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad