• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MadMax_636

Water pump and fan clutch - How do you remove a suck clutch fan?

I cant find any info about normal or reverse thread on the 2.8. I just keep finding mixed info or 2.9 info.
  2. MadMax_636

HEI converted ignition - Ignition module hot wire from harness only has 10 volts according to multi meter

UPDATE: I did a few ground test. I dont think its a ground issue. So I went under the dash and poked around with the multimeter and honestly didnt find anything out of place. Will do more testing later. I did run a jumper wire from a 12v HOT on run to the HEI "B" and it ran and stopped...
  3. MadMax_636

HEI converted ignition - Ignition module hot wire from harness only has 10 volts according to multi meter

So your saying I could run a wire T? Keeping the wire on the connector but running a new lead directly to the coil/HEI?
  4. MadMax_636

I will say I didn't test all of that but all throughout the tests. Ive tested the battery voltage before and after starting and running. They all read 12.75 (Not running) and 14.25 (when running). I'll run a direct ground from the battery, engine, and the HEI once I've got wires and the...
  5. MadMax_636

I looked everywhere for a Ballast Resistor under the hood and under the dash. Nothing. A idea that I had was splitting the 2 wires and running the 12v run (red/light green wire) and running it directly to the HEI "B" post. Since its only powered with key on RUN and the (Brown/Pink wire. Mine...
  6. MadMax_636

I need to get some reels of wire as Im out. Then Im gonna get a ground block so I can ground everything to the battery. I currently cant do anything with it sadly. Im gonna re run my grounds on my ignition just so everything is clean.
  7. MadMax_636

I tried that. Then I remembered I had run a engine ground directly to the engine block when I was dealing with voltage drop issues when I was dealing with my starter.
  8. MadMax_636

same haha! its fun troubleshooting shit until its not haha. You leave and then just come back at it again.
  9. MadMax_636

Same for me... Yeah, as far as I know. I added extra ground to the coil, dizzy, and HEI when I put all together. Maybe some of the grounds need to be redone but idk.
  10. MadMax_636

just did that. in the RUN position im getting around 12.65v and when running I'm getting 10v
  11. MadMax_636

Ok, so I found the wires. Pain in the ass to find, honestly. Do I need to remove one of them from the splice? Because that's that I'm getting I have to do. I havent done anything yet...
  12. MadMax_636

If possible. Could someone post a photo of where that looks like and where its coming from? So I know which harness I could be looking at and for tomorrow? I keep getting the urge to wanna mess around with my truck tonight but its late, dark, and humid as a swamp outside...
  13. MadMax_636

I honestly dont remember what the original wire colours were. I tired looking on the dead horse of a thread (The one that started my conversion and that included every horrible step I too haha) but I couldn't find photos of the wires. I found that diagram you had sent me but that was all I...
  14. MadMax_636

what about this? From when I first did this @RobbieD sent/posted this diagram for me. It says Brown/Pink wire is ignition 12v
  15. MadMax_636

Tomorrow Ill look at it and see what I can do in terms of cleaning/fixing the wiring up.
  16. MadMax_636

Heres a video of the wiring. So for those who might be able to ID the colours of the wiring. I will do a better video in the morning with morons are firing fireworks off in the middle of the night in the woods... Plus, Ill get a better look/view of the colours or the wiring... Since I clearly...
  17. MadMax_636

UPDATE: So here is what I did. I ran a direct wire from the battery + to the battery + on the HEI. It instantly ran better, smoother, and picked up in RPM and idle vacuum. I tried to shut the car off with the key. It didnt work. So I unplugged the ignition HOT wire on the HEI and it shut...
  18. MadMax_636

I shut the engine off. Turned the ignition to ON and the "B" and "C

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad