• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 swap ahead

Fm146
  2. Easiest donor for 302 swap

What would be the easiest donor to swap a 302 manual into my 1990 B2 2.9 fm146 4wd. Can I retain the original transfer case somehow ? Can I retain the original slave cylinder ? I am comfortable converting a efi 302 to carbed but I am ignorant on how to mate out to the transfer case.
  3. 4.0 swap ahead

This is what I have read. Thank you for the clarity.
  4. 4.0 swap ahead

I haven't dug into the internet but is there many upgrades for a 4.0 motor ?
  5. 4.0 swap ahead

How much different would a carbed 302 be ? Vs a 4.0.
  6. 4.0 swap ahead

So there no reasoning other than he likes the motor ? I guess someone has to love it. I mean it could be a good turbo motor I guess ? Lol
  7. 4.0 swap ahead

Just wondering why. I cannot turn my 33s very well past 60 going up a grade even at 5k rpms. I live in Knoxville Tennessee and it is very hilly.
  8. 4.0 swap ahead

4.0 is coming out of a 1991 explorer 4wd auto
  9. 4.0 swap ahead

I have read and read and read about installing a 4.0 in my 1990 B2 fm146 2.9. What is something that you told your self that you would do differently if you had to do it again ! Thank you
  10. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

The f150 spring had a smaller opening on top because it was tangicaled and not circular. Which way would it have gone in properly ?
  11. F150 coil place holder ? What I found

I am currently using an exhaust clamp under the first coil and clamped around the center hole. What have others done ? .
  12. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

Walked around the auto parts store and thought this would be best before going offroading
  13. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

How much longer are f150 rad arms ? Do I find one from 1980-96? Does it matter if it's from a Dana 44 ?
  14. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

Thank you. It did. It sat for 10 years without being driven daily on the road. 2009 sticker on the license plate. What the pics don't show you was there was a small surface rust starting on the roof and Hood.
  15. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

I actually just bought 1.5" wide metal strap to go around the coil and spring before I take it to far. I just finished the lift yesterday :) Also these are when I bought it and the journey to paint and lifting it. Before I added the four degrees camber bushings makes me laugh each time.
  16. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

ill take some today and post tonight, off to work at Chick fil A 11am to close, it might be late tonight
  17. 1990 B2 bought it 4 months ago and look forward to an engine swap one day

Overalll I spent 60 bucks on coil springs 80 on rear leaf packs 60 on all shocks 40 drop pitman arm 120 on 2 differnt sets of 33,12.5,15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad