• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

Yeah, the hitch is pretty creative. I'm fairly certain, though, that it's not just attached on the bed. I didn't get a good look, but I believe it's attached to the frame as well. It's the same truck the previous owner was using to pull it up canyons when they were actually using the trailer.
  2. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

As it happens, yes.
  3. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

I agree with you about wasted space, but I also think it's a question of what a given owner prioritizes. For example, a dedicated bed in a space that could accommodate multifunction furniture seems like a waste to me, but I suppose it's harder to make a transformer-bed as comfortable as...
  4. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

I have roughly zero such skills. The learning curve is going to be a bear. Keep the tips a-comin' (for example, I could stand to be directed as to how to access the roof to do all this sealing--do I just need a ladder and the patience to keep moving it from spot to spot?). I haven't actually...
  5. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

It's funny you should have chosen that word. Everybody and their mother was using that word the other night, too, including me. I kept picturing that bit in The Princess Bride where Buttercup's dress catches fire, and after Westley puts it out he casually says, "Well, now. That was an adventure...
  6. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

Remember how I said it did not? {*starts nervous laughter, builds to hysterics*} Okay. The seller kindly offered to tow it 40 miles to where I live. He just didn't get off work until two hours after me. I think, "Great! I'll use that time to hit the DMV for plates." Hah! I'm sure I'm the last...
  7. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

It did not. I'm going to have to figure something out. God bless your kindness. Even if it's a bald-faced lie, it's a kind lie and I like it :)
  8. Volkshook

What pull behind Camper?

Guys, I think I just did a dumb. I bought a trailer. The positive: (1) it's really small (the window that's partially obscured by the shed in the picture is the back corner, and the Google search for specs turned up a weight between 1500 and 1900 lbs); (2) it's in pretty darned good shape...
  9. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

10. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

I'm mostly just curious about why that is, y'know?
  11. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

I don't doubt that you know whereof you speak. It just doesn't make sense in my head. So, what? Are the cylinders just really skinny or something?
  12. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

Here's a head scratcher: should a 3L V6 from 1993 really feel as gutless as this one does to a driver who's used to a 1.9L four-popper, even taking into account all the extra weight?
  13. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

So, I did buy a bottle of Super Duper Flush Yer System, but I forgot to use it. I talked to my uncle, who's been rebuilding Chevy Impalas since the '60s, about my flushing technique (pulled the thermostat, put the thermostat housing back on, poked the hose into that, ran water into the system...
  14. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

Okay, I've got the new radiator, new water pimp (yes, pimp), and new thermostat. Radiator's drained. Thermostat housing is off. Flush now through the thermostat seat? Wait until the pimp is off the block? Or is this when I sacrifice the chicken and make a Jackson Pollock with it's innards...
  15. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

For what it's worth, I set that brake every time I get out of the vehicle.
  16. Volkshook

Project "Ricky"

New fun, this morning. Emergency brake didn't let go. The pedal popped up to the released position, but wheels didn't get the memo. Goosed the gas and got moving, been driving normally since, but this is the second time it's happened. Just not excited about it. Much more common is the sensation...
  17. Volkshook

Chrome Custom Ford Ranger 5-lug Rims w/ Tires

Well, I mean, that's how much I know about anything with a radiator, so... ? That's why I'm here. ?
  18. Volkshook

Karmann Ghia is the model. It's a Volkswagen, and a lot of fun to drive. A V-8 would ruin it, though.
  19. Volkshook

I didn't have any problem with the way they looked. I think they looked nice. They're just not as practical as stock. It's the same reason I never got my Bug, Bus or Ghia lowered, though I love that look: I still have to drive it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad