• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tjack96

M5R2 transmission swap-Slave cylinder issue

So here's those pictures I promised: To get the radiator to fit (no pictures of that sadly, sorry), i had to remove the lower cross member at the front of the body and the center piece where the valance and grille bolts in the center, and then i tack welded some plates that allow me to bolt the...
  2. tjack96

Stock the 1971 250 made 240 ft lbs at the flywheel, with 150 horses, the stock 86' 2.9L made 140 HP with 170 ft lbs (Im assuming all the mentioned specs are consistent here). Also, you can't see it in the photo but I did a 2v conversion on this engine so i had the head milled and have a 2 barrel...
  3. tjack96

Actually not, I'm using the radiator from the Maverick that I got the engine out of, it fits between the body ahead of where the stock ranger radiator mounted, and with a slim electric fan, I have about an inch of clearance, I'd show you some pictures if I didn't have the radiator off being...
  4. tjack96

So I actually found these pictures I took a few weeks back, I'll put up more to show the modifications I did to make it work later this evening.
  5. tjack96

Sorry for the late response, i'll send some pictures when i get home from work today. Thanks for your interest
  6. tjack96

Hi folks, heres some introduction: 1986 Ford Ranger XLT, custom inline 6 swap (1971 250 c.i.). I've already made my custom motor mounts and the engine is sitting in the engine compartment, so dont tell me it cant be done, because, well, ive done it and it looks stellar, it was just months of...
  7. tjack96

1986 Ranger Clutch Master to 1999 M5R2 release bearing

Thanks, I determined all this not long after i made the post, but now im running into another issue: I was stabbing in my transmission today (M5R2 swap) and all was going smoothly until the slave cylinder bottomed out on the pressure plate before the transmission had even seated fully. I dropped...
  8. tjack96

1986 Ranger Clutch Master to 1999 M5R2 release bearing

Hi fellas, I've got something i wanted to run by some of you: I'm doing an engine swap on my 1986 Ranger, and the transmission i have for it is a 1999 M5r2 from a 4.2L I know that the clutch master cylinder between the 1999 f150 that the trans came from is vastly different from the master...
  9. tjack96

Thanks Daniel, that does help.

Thanks Daniel, that does help.
  10. tjack96

4 speed Hydraulic Clutch Problem Resolved

Im doing the same set-up on my swap: '87 F250 external slave bellhousing, slave and bracket. Care to drop some pics of your clutch set up?
  11. tjack96

Hi Daniel, i had just read through a forum where you commented on your use of on F150 bell...

Hi Daniel, i had just read through a forum where you commented on your use of on F150 bell housing, 4 sp. T-loader and slave cylinder in your '87 V8 swap. Im running essentially the same set up but am curious what clutch master cylinder you used. The stock connection between the slave and clutch...
  12. tjack96

First Gen V8 Swap Clutch Compatibility

Hey guys, Pretty well into my '86 V8 swap with the engine almost ready for the machine shop and fuel lines getting run as we speak. I've run into a problem here that im curious to know if any of you with a V8 swap ranger have encountered. Im sticking with my manual transmission (TK5, i know...
  13. tjack96

SBF Bellhousing interchange

Thats what i was hoping to hear, thanks a bunch
  14. tjack96

So funny thing is that its not actually as small block ford (i omitted that for simplicity sake), what i have is a 1971 Ford 250 Inline Six out a 71 Maverick. The 250 was one of the I-6's that had the same bell housing bolt pattern as the Windsor v8's. So, my question is this, with this motors...
  15. tjack96

Hi Fellas, i know that there are a minimum of two SBF bellhousing patterns, one from the early days the 60s and the 70s, and then another sometime in the 80s and 90s. I have a 71 SBF that id like to pair with a 1981-86 external slave cylinder bellhousing. I know the bolt patterns are similar but...
  16. tjack96

Throttle Linkage for SBF, 99' Ranger

Hi fellas, im back again, only this time i'm curious about something else. When swapping an older motor that is not OBD-II compatible is it possible to wire in its electronics (oil pressure guage, coolant temp guage etc...) into the stock guages that already exists on the truck? I'm not afraid...
  17. tjack96

I'd hate to sacrifice power due to something as simple as a carburetor, i guess i just like the Edelbrock for its availability and small amounts of moving parts aside form the throttle and choke linkage, but for more smiles per gallon, i wouldnt mind the swap
  18. tjack96

I'm content with having it carbureted. Appreciate all the help folks!
  19. tjack96

My goal is to use a 1406 Edelbrock atop an Edelbrock intake. If i was to harvest the throttle cable from an explorer of similar model year with a 5.0L would that be viable? Otherwise i see nothing wrong with my stock cable from my 2.5L if that is compatible.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad