• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 83 ranger box substitute

Hi, I have a 83 ranger 2.3 rebuilt motor. The box is pretty beat and I am restoring the truck. Are there any substitute boxes that would work for the 7 ft box
  2. Tire size

Hi, I have a 83 2.3 2wd . Finding tires for the 14 inch rims is becoming difficult. Suggestions for tire or bigger rims without modification to the suspension. Winter is coming!
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 83 long bed subs?

Love my 83 xlt and have rebuilt the engine, but the box is pretty beat up. Anyone know what if any other box bed might fit
  4. 83 truck bed liner

hi again, my 83 is running o so well after the rebuild. The box is pretty beat up , and I have found that there is no liner other than spray on available anymore. Does anyone know if any other liner would fit. ? 83 xlt
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) crankcase ventilation

Still tracking down the bugs on my 83 2.3 lima. Confused about crankcase ventilation. There is a unit that pushes into the crankcase drivers side. I think it is a separator. I routed this to a pcv valve and then to my catchcan and then to the aircleaner. I just put a small air filter on the...
  6. Vacuum advance

Finally finished rebuild of my 83 2.3 ranger. Weber carb and msd ignition. Had trouble with the ignition mechanical vacume advance until I discovered that I didnt need the vacuum advance. The msd provides the perfect advance on its own. Just plugged up the vacuum on the carb, and bingo, it...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pressure

Hi, I have rebuilt my 83 Ford ranger and installed a weber 2bbl .It runs on 2.5 lbs pressure. My mechanical pump puts out 5-7 lbs. Is there an easier/less expensive option to spending another 150 bucks for a return line regulator?
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Mallory 6A

Hi , just a question about a unit I acquired for my 83 Ranger. The online wiring diagram says that the two heavy 14ga wires are red and black and should be connected to the battery . My unit has heavy black and orange 14ga. There are red and black bound together by factory labelled "battery "...
  9. Putting it all back in

First time putting the engine back in my 83 2.3 Ranger. Can I bolt up the engine and transmission and get the whole thing back in at once? Thanks guys, appreciate any advice
  10. Electric fuel pump and regulator?

Working on my old 83 2.3 Ranger. Just had the engine rebuilt and switching to a electric fuel pump. Webber carburetor 32 36. 3 lbs pressure required. Anyone know if a regulator is also required . Or do we trust the pump alone...
  11. Feedback carb reuse

Just in the process of deleting the emissions stuff on old 83 2.3 Ford Ranger . Is it possible to simply use the feedback carb without the feedback inputs, or do l need to buy a replacement. Suggestions?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad