• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. NOTICE TRS Calendar 2024

I ordered three. Thank you so much for the recognition of the hard work me and everyone else on here puts into their trucks. It surely means the world to me to be a part of this group!!!
  2. NOTICE 2024 calendar vote

It’s very clear how much time effort and thought goes into this calendar. I can’t wait to buy a stack of them!!!
  3. Cam Suggestions

I went with a small cam from Texas speed. Upgraded valves and springs and tuned the ls best I could and even tho Texas speed said I could run a stock torque converter that Is false. Coming to stop light it wants to push me thru the brakes. Considering with ls the brake booster vacuums off the...
  4. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Just an update. I’ve put about 800 Miles on the ranger. Had some bugs to work out. All in all I’m happy with it. Other than it’s the most uncomfortable truck there is haha. I’ve had to put a new pinion seal in it. 300 miles later it’s leaking again. There’s no up and down slop in the driveshaft...
  5. Dead in the water. Manual steering pitman arm

She’s running and on the road. Good feeling
  6. Dead in the water. Manual steering pitman arm

the box and arm I found worked. Paid 50 dollars for the pair.
  7. Dead in the water. Manual steering pitman arm

Thanks everyone for the replies. Made a few calls today and may have located a manual box that’s been sitting on a shelf at a salvage yard 100 miles away for 15 plus years haha. Fingers crossed they out the whole thing in a box and sent to me ups. Hopefully will get early next week. Will keep...
  8. Dead in the water. Manual steering pitman arm

So I decided to 86 the electric power steering pump on the ranger. I went with a reman manual steering gear. More compact. Less angle on my steering linkage. It all seemed great. Until I tried to locate a pitman arm. The power steering arm doesn’t fit the manual box. I have had my truck in...
  9. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

man id love to submit some. I am hoping to be totally finished before our local spring cruising event in ocean city Maryland. that is early may. ill send some pics in April. thank you
  10. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Getting the fun stuff done now. Been finishing her up at my house. My shop is a half hour away and with two little kids it’s getting harder and harder to get there as much as I’d like. So she’s tagged now. Brought her home and I can push for an hour or two each night once they are asleep which...
  11. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

hey guys. I've started assembling my interior. the one part of the project I had to rely on someone to do took far to long. I have my seat back my headliner. waiting on my door panels. carpet I am trying to tackle myself. with he modified trans tunnel and all the stock molded kit didn't want to...
  12. Wanted aftermarket bumper for 89-92 ranger

would you be interested in selling your stock front bumper if its in good shape?
  13. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

video of her running outside after first road test
  14. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

https://youtube.com/shorts/79IfciB0J0M?feature=share
  15. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Well she went up and down the road tonight. First time it’s been outside in two years. First time it’s moved under its own power since may 2019. I wanted to make a video of the first drive but it was dark and way to nerve racking. Tomorrow I will run it again. And post a video to YouTube and...
  16. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

I made some base brackets that mounted on top of a crossmember we fabbed In. Then made two side brackets each mounts off left and right side of core supports. And of course they all have rubber inserts in them. !! I’ll try to remember to take skme pictures next time im Over there.
  17. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Finalized fitting of alternator tonight last peice to the running puzzle. Alternator, belt, tensioner, lower radiator hose. Coolant. Can’t explain how good it feels to be getting so close. Enjoy
  18. 91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

yea man. its getting there. buttoned up the cooling system tonight and started on the brake bleeding process. hope you guys enjoyed the video. any ideas on interior I would appreciate it? I am thinking trying to keep the 50s style material mixed with the light tan leather. any other ideas...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad