• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) Intake and exhaust header bolt sizes?

Does anyone know what size bolts I need for the header on a 97 2.3? I got a new head and need bolts for it. I have been to 3 parts stores and nobody can help. I also need the bolts for the intake manifold that hold the halves together and to hold it to the block.
  2. bmtrnavsky

Cam swap?

Anyone try an 89-94 cam in a 95-11 head with the higher ratio rockers? It’s supposed to be a pretty “hot” set up. But how hot is hot? My truck is a street truck and I’m looking to get a bit of torque and HP but I need it in a reasonable part of the powerband. I pull a small boat, commute, and...
  3. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) Flex fan vs fan clutch

I am tearing my motor down to do a head gasket on it so while it’s apart I’m doing a few upgrades just looking for a few HP and MPG I’m not building a race car here. So while the heads off I’ll magnaflux it, mill a couple thousands off and do a valve job on it. I’m also adding a high flow cat...
  4. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) Blown head?

So I bought a second ranger last night and it died 24 miles from where I bought it. Checked all the fluids and it looked good. Radiator water was rusty but I let it idle for 15 minutes and it didn't get hot. drove it hard for another 15 minutes then let it idle some more. seemed good bought the...
  5. bmtrnavsky

Loosing coolant? 95 Ranger 2.3l

I'm losing coolant in my 95 ranger 2.3L. I can't seem to figure out where it is going. radiator looks pretty new, oil is fresh and clean, transmission fluid looks clean. I don't see any dripping under it on dry pavement. I do have really wet carpet on the passenger side, but I don't have a smell...
  6. bmtrnavsky

High pressure switch?

My compressor is new but not shutting off. I think I need to replace the high pressure switch. I’ve located it... do I need to evacuate system to replace this or does it have a valve? This is on a 95 ranger 2.3
  7. bmtrnavsky

Mustang wheel question

Ok, I was trying to buy new tires and it seems there just are not many options in 14 inch wheels, so I found some mustang wheels I thought would fit but they don’t. They are 16 inch and 5x4.5 but the center hole is too small. I want to buy a hub centric adapter but I don’t know what to buy. My...
  8. bmtrnavsky

New (to me) 95 ranger!

I just got a 95 Ranger single cab 2wd short bed 2.3l. It's really not in bad shape other than an exhaust that is all rusted out. Only threw one code high voltage at the temp sending unit. The coolant reservoir looked great bright green fluid. radiator is shiny inside but fluid looks like texas...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad