• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RedBear

Compression test fitting

I’m trying to do a compression test on my 1997 Ranger 4.0L OHV engine and I cannot get the compression test fitting to thread into the block. Admittedly it is the cheap compression test kit from Harbor Freight, but I already owned it for testing my old Acura a decade ago. Do I need a special...
  2. RedBear

Break hose replacement help

I’m sorry, I know this has had to be covered before but in my searches of the forum so many articles came up every different way I searched, that I couldn’t find one. In the past I’ve done a lot of maintenance work and minor upgrades on my cars and trucks but I’ve never had to do this. I’m...
  3. RedBear

Rookie questions on lifting & steering

I got a extended cab 1997 xlt 4.0L 5 speed for cheap. I’ve always liked working on cars and ever since I moved to SD in 2000 I’ve wanted to build a dessert truck. So this is my first try at all this so I’m not going to drop big bucks on parts. My main question is, when I do a lift, am I going...
  4. RedBear

4th Ranger, first build

Hi, I recently bought my first “project” Ranger. It’s a 1997 4x2 manual with a 4.0L engine. I’ve been giving it a tune up: new spark plugs, wires, ignition coil, air filter, fuel filter, oil change, fixed/replaced the hood latch cable, and tightened up the throttle cable, new fuel neck filler...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad