• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. traildog

BW 1354 transfer case rear output flange nut torqued, but still has play

So I found the torque for the output flange at ~160 ft-lb and was able to tighten it just to that before the engine started turning. I'm still feeling a good bit of axial play on the flange- I'm assuming it is meaning the output bearing isn't properly preloaded. My 1/2" dewalt pneumatic impact...
  2. traildog

Doing a bunch of work on 4.0 SOHC, should I replace fuel injectors while I'm at it?

Truck has ~160k miles and I'm going to do some more towing this summer, so I'm doing a pretty thorough service with timing chain tensioners, water pump, thermostat and housing, valve cover and intake manifold gaskets, etc. Should I replace fuel injectors or leave them alone? Engine runs well...
  3. traildog

Cyclical revving at idle

Been awhile since I was on this forum, but looking for some diagnostic help. My 4.0 has developed an idle problem, which I assumed to be a vacuum leak as it's had a few of those in the past. But the carb cleaner/propane test doesn't bump up the rpms and if I disconnect the IAC it dies...
  4. traildog

3rd Ranger in a row

Hello, Just picked up the newest in a succession of Rangers - '89 2.3L 2wd, '02 2.3L 2wd, now '02 4.0L FX4 with 111xxx miles. The only model of vehicle I've owned for the last 10 years, and finally got one with A/C. Each one keeps getting slightly more expensive, which is a given when the first...
  5. traildog

Tow package 4x4 = rough ride?

Hello, Just upgraded my clapped out '02 2wd 2.3L Ranger to an '02 4wd 4.0L Ranger with 110xxx miles. The one I picked up has both the offroad package and the tow package- it's got the torsion bar front suspension, there's no rear sway bar, and the shocks are stock Motorcraft. I'm not an...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad