• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tman5293

Intermittent Rough Idle

As far as I could tell when I pulled the manifold the other day to do the valve cover gasket, there's only two vacuum hoses connected to it. One that runs to the vaccum ball and one for the brake booster.
  2. Tman5293

Intermittent Rough Idle

If I pick up a vacuum gauge, where would I hook it up?
  3. Tman5293

Intermittent Rough Idle

Yes the check engine light works. All the lights come on when I start the truck up.
  4. Tman5293

Intermittent Rough Idle

If it was misfiring wouldn't I have a DTC for it? The truck seems to drive fine with no loss of power. I would assume that I would be down on power with a misfire.
  5. Tman5293

Need some help tracking down a vacuum leak in my truck

Thanks for yall's help. I'm still having some issues with rough idle even though it's now idling at the correct rpm. I posted a new thread in the 4 bangers section describing the problem in detail.
  6. Tman5293

Intermittent Rough Idle

My 04 B2300 has a slightly rough idle that shakes the truck at stop lights. Sometimes it's worse than others and sometimes it's barely present. I have no DTCs and the spark plugs have been replaced in the last 6 months. The rough idle was present before I replaced the plugs. The engine seems to...
  7. Tman5293

I just wanted to let you guys know that I fixed it by replacing the vacuum ball. The check valve was broken off inside the old one. The air no longer disappears when I accelerate.
  8. Tman5293

Okay so I ordered a new resovoir ball. Going to change that out when it comes in and see what happens. If that doesn't resolve the issue, what exactly should I be checking for under the dash/behind the glove box?
  9. Tman5293

That makes sense. So if I'm losing vacuum on acceleration when there is no vacuum could that indicate an issue with the resovoir? Another piece of information that I feel I should add is that if I turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine, air will only blow out of the defrost vents. I...
  10. Tman5293

I have a 2004 B2300 that is experiencing vacuum loss on acceleration. Symptoms include the blower direction changing from dash vents to defrost when I accelerate indicating no vacuum pressure and a high/rough idle. The engine idles anywhere from 900-1100rpm but usually sits just below 1000rpm...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad