• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 3.0 constant clunking

so..
  2. 3.0 constant clunking

Checked belt tensioner - doesn't seem loose, though this seems to be a very different noise than what I've heard from tensioner/pulleys/belt before. Will have to check on the other two items. Interesting - I've never heard of this before. Will look into it if I cannot find what the issue might...
  3. 3.0 constant clunking

@rusty ol ranger @91stranger Oil - when I purchased the oil was pretty bad, but didn't see any metallic. I've replaced the oil filter already and cut it open just out of curiosity and only found dirt and a couple pieces of sand (sand was hidden all over this vehicle, definitely wasn't dirty...
  4. 3.0 constant clunking

@91stranger - I'll check the heat shield @rusty ol ranger - I hope it's not, any way to know without pulling engine apart? If it is, would an engine swap be a better option? Edit* Recently changed oil looking for anything odd because of recent purchase but didn't see anything abnormal. Truck...
  5. 3.0 constant clunking

Hey guys - recently purchased a V6 3.0 and trying to figure out what this clunking noise is. It happens at idle and under load. On acceleration the clunking speed increases as well. I've tightened the headers down, but haven't seen a difference. It doesn't sound like it's a loose exhaust pipe...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad