• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DavisRanger

2.3L to 2.9L Swap

Here we go.. my 2.9 makes almost what a stock 302 makes. It’s just not worth the time or money to have my 302 rebuild (out of a 69 Bronco) just so see a little more power and torque. Cause once I throw boost at this 2.9.. it’ll be game over. there’s a guy in Europe who’s pulling 500+hp out of...
  2. DavisRanger

2.3L to 2.9L Swap

the problem is my frame is twisted from the impact. If it was just body damage, I’d be game to fix it. Thanks for the info, I’ll probably take a weekend to pull everything out of the one truck and start the swap the following weekend. That’s exactly the answer I was looking for lol.
  3. DavisRanger

2.3L to 2.9L Swap

I haven’t went through the truck yet, to find out. So, I couldn’t tell you. All I know is my pedal hit the floor and never returned. I’m assuming master cylinder? But I never had an issue prior. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  4. DavisRanger

2.3L to 2.9L Swap

lots of money and time. Cam, ported and shaved heads, +.30 over bore, headers, forged pistons (prepping for forced induction), 24lb injectors and a tune. My next move was megasquirt before I start building the turbo setup.
  5. DavisRanger

2.3L to 2.9L Swap

So, last weekend (July 3rd) I totaled my truck by landing, yes you read that right, on the hood of a Tesla. I’ll share photos below… still waiting on dash cam footage from the Tesla owner. How it happened is I lost my brakes at 70mph exiting an interstate. I decided to hit the ditch on the...
  6. DavisRanger

4wd to 2wd conversion?

dang, I didn’t realize they’re different frames and I thought the 2.3 was a little out of place on a 4x4 lol. Makes sense on it being a rare one. Thanks for the help!
  7. DavisRanger

4wd to 2wd conversion?

I have an 88 (2.9L) 4wd and was just gifted an 84 ranger (2.3L) 4wd. I want to convert the 84 ranger to 2wd and build it to be a mini truck. so my question is, what would that entail? Is it pretty strait forward Thanks
  8. DavisRanger

2.9L + Turbo = ?

I know I’m posting 11 years in the future, but if you got pics of how you mounted that turbo, I’d like to see them lol. Boosting my 2.9 and looks like I’ll have to fab most of the manifold.
  9. DavisRanger

Comment by 'DavisRanger' in media '88 Ranger Build'

Oh heck yeah! It used to be tan/faded pink.. I had to paint it, couldn’t do the pink lol!
  10. DavisRanger

More Powa-Babeh 2.9L

I set my timing with a timing light. Lol. It’s sitting at 12 degrees
  11. DavisRanger

Thanks and grateful.

I dropped quite a bit of money in my build too. But, I also did quite a bit on it. But, IMO, still cheaper than a 302 rebuild/swap.
  12. DavisRanger

Before/after 88 Ranger XLT 4x4

I’ll update more as I continue to do cosmetics. Right now my main focus is the engine. But, I’m pretty happy with the look so far. Just need a couple more changes externally and I’ll be there. Painted last April. My next move will be a roll bar/light bar and window tint. Interior is...
  13. DavisRanger

Thanks and grateful.

I’m in full support of a 2.9 rebuild. I once considered a swap, took some advice from @PetroleumJunkie412... aaaand it’s the best decision I’ve made with my truck. Plus, parts are cheap. 🤙🏼🤙🏼
  14. DavisRanger

2.3L ('83-'97) Running rough.

Codes ALWAYS help. Fortunately you don’t need a scanner to run codes on the OBD1. You just need to run a jump wire from the test connector.
  15. DavisRanger

Melted O2 sensor connector

Same thing happened to me. I spliced the new O2 and cut the connecting wire to have little slack. I only used electrical tape. I’ve been running it that way since July and haven’t had any issues.
  16. DavisRanger

More Powa-Babeh 2.9L

Email has been sent for the upper intake and I’m just waiting until Monday to call and order the MicroSquirt system. I’m hoping to have a pretty eventful week. Once I’ve got all this installed, I think I’ll be moving toward forced induction. Lol. More than likely supercharger, I’m not a fan of...
  17. DavisRanger

Differences in 2.9 Twin Throttle Body Intakes

I would assume to allow the engine to breathe more? From my understanding, these breathe better than the American 2.9 upper manifolds.
  18. DavisRanger

Differences in 2.9 Twin Throttle Body Intakes

Did you throw one on your truck? If so, what did you do for the IAT and EGR? I need one of these. Lol
  19. DavisRanger

More Powa-Babeh 2.9L

I was afraid you’d say that lol. I think we talked about this a while back. Wiring up an ECU is quite a daunting task. Since it’s my daily driver, I can’t afford to have it down for more than a weekend and with my luck... I’d do something wrong and I’d be shaking my head with hands in the air...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad