• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TorqueMonster headers EGR tube

I am installing TorqueMonster headers on my 99 Ranger and the supplied EGR tube will not fit. It appears about an inch too short and the wrong angle. The stock tube will not work either. Anybody run into this before? Thanks
  2. 5.0 Headers - Do they actually exist?

I also looked all over trying to find someone to build a set. No one wanted to do it. So I bit the bullet and ordered a set of TM headers. Took almost 9 months to get them. Communication with Bob was hit or miss.
  3. ABS light on

No work near the battery. When the ABS light comes on does it also turn on the red brake light on the dash? How do I retrieve the ABS codes? That will give me somewhere to start.
  4. ABS light on

99 Ranger RABS has the ABS & red Brake light illuminated on dash. Fluid in master cylinder good. Parking brake position makes no difference. How do I retrieve codes from the ABS module?
  5. Need a set of torque monster headers

I just got my set yesterday. How bad do you want/need a set?
  6. Advice for engine swap V8 in 99 ranger

And why people worry about a 7.5 vs an 8.8 rear end? Unless you are really pushing it, the 7.5 will last at least until you can find an 8.8. And yes, there are Rangers with an 8.8. I found one in the local Pick and Pull WITH a rear sway bar for only $100 or so. Again, unless you are making...
  7. Advice for engine swap V8 in 99 ranger

I still have them both so when I put the current 5.0 from my Ranger into the new (99) Ranger I will look to see what the differences are. Either way, I won't be stopped. Although, I would prefer to be able to make it look TOTALLY like Ford did this installation from the factory.
  8. Advice for engine swap V8 in 99 ranger

Better clarification-I swapped a 99 Explorer 5.0 into a 99 Ranger 3.0 I used Ricks motor mount plates. I am going to swap the 5.o into another 99 Ranger and am going to see if I actually need to use Ricks plates in this swap. Same year Ranger and same engine.
  9. Advice for engine swap V8 in 99 ranger

I'm not sure that they would line up. I am going to swap out another 99 Ranger with a 3.0 so I will look to see if the original mounts will work after removing the spacer on the drivers side.
  10. Advice for engine swap V8 in 99 ranger

My thoughts/experience on a 99 Explorer/Mountaineer 5.0 swap to 99 Ranger. I went with the 4R70W automatic transmission. If you are hell-bent on a manual transmission then skip the next sentence. Get a 4R70W transmission with a good shift kit and torque convertor to match the engine and be...
  11. Possible headers??

Has anyone tried using these headers in their 98-99 Ranger swap? It does not specify weather they fit the “P” heads or not. But they state it fits V8 Explorers. Thanks.
  12. Anyone from Valdosta GA area?

Lake City FL, about 60 miles south. Moved here from Sav GA 3 years ago when I retired.
  13. 99 Ranger starter wiring help after swap

I looked at the pins in the Ranger side of the 42 pin connector and they do NOT match exactly with the EVTM. Have to spend some more quality time looking for the differences.
  14. 99 Ranger starter wiring help after swap

I have read through all the threads about wiring after a swap but I haven’t found any wires that need to be swapped except for the A/C wires. What am I overlooking?
  15. 99 Ranger starter wiring help after swap

The PATS is working properly. The PATS light on the dash goes out and I can by-pass the starter relay and crank the engine and it runs so that means the PATS is working properly. I have not swapped around any wires yet except the wire from the starter relay to starter. All the wires in the 42...
  16. 99 Ranger starter wiring help after swap

The park switch (Digital Transmission Range Sensor) is plugged in and it was working before. The back up lights do come on when when in reverse. Will double check the pink wire to the DTR Sensor for power in crank. I feel like I am overlooking a ground or something simple.
  17. 99 Ranger starter wiring help after swap

Hello all. My first post here. I just finished installing a 5.0 from a 99 Explorer into my 99 Ranger. Both 2 wheel drive automatic. I can NOT get the starter to work. I swapped the PATS from the Explorer to the Ranger but still got a PATS code so I got a locksmith to reprogram the key and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad