• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted ISO: Period Correct Long Bed Topper 1983 XLT

Hi all, I have an 83 XLT with a 7' bed. I'm looking for a period-correct topper. Please let me know if you have one, your location and how much you're looking for. Thank you, Karl
  2. Wanted ISO stock rebuilt 2.8

I have my engine apart for new rings and found a broken piston. Tossing around the idea of just buying a rebuilt original unit. Does anybody have a 2.8 they rebuilt with original, or near original specs? If so, how much would you look for? Thanks.
  3. Need Oil Cap 2.8

Hi TRS friends! I have an 83 with the v6 2.8. I had to replace the original oil cap years ago because I dropped it on the manifold and it melted. I got a replacement from the local parts store and its trash. It blew off constantly and the nozzle broke. I'm looking to find myself a nice used or...
  4. Wanted 1983 Ranger Exterior Molding/Trim

Hi all, I got my ranger painted a few years ago and unfortunately I had to discard the black molding and silver trim that goes around the bottom of the truck because it was all rotten and falling apart. I would like to reinstall that if I can find all the parts. I would also like to find the...
  5. 83 Ranger 2.8 v6 Choke Problems

Hey all, Finally got my ranger running, but it's hard to start once you shut it off and turn it back on. Example: I drove it for 10 minutes to a gas station (starting was a little rough, but it runs good when you're going). After I put some gas in it, it wouldn't start until I went under the...
  6. 83 Ranger No fan speeds working.

Hi all. FINALLY got my ranger running well enough to make the trip from storage to my house to patch a shock tower. I noticed that none of the fan speeds work. Before I parked it, I believe one or two or the speeds didn't work. Back then I had replaced the blower motor itself. I looked at the...
  7. First Gen audio

Hey all, I'm curious to see what people have done to upgrade their first gens audio. I'm keeping the stock radio with cassette because I can always run an AUX off of the cassette player. What have you guys done speaker wise? When I first bought my truck it only had one speaker in the dash. That...
  8. Ebrake Spring

Hey guys, Just got finished replacing all my ebrake cables. I just received a chilton book for my ranger and it shows a couple of springs that I don't have. I think they eroded away. The only spring I have is the one from the left leaf spring area to the ebrake cable. I've attached 2 pics from...
  9. 1983 Ranger Spare Tire Location

Hey guys, hoping I'll be blessed with a quick reply. Been working on my 1983 Ranger all holiday week, trying to get it going again. Years ago, I replaced the gas tank and took the spare tire out for whatever reason. Now I can't remember if the spare tire goes above the little rack in the back...
  10. WANTED: 83 Ranger XLT Trim

Hi all, I'm looking for the trim that came on 83 Ranger XLT's. The black plastic molding along with the aluminum/chrome piece above it. I've attached a picture and a video of what I'm looking for. I'm located in Oconomowoc, WI and Grand Rapids, MI. I'm willing to travel within an hour or so if...
  11. Weird Combo?

Hi all. I was wondering if my ranger had some weird combo or something. It's an 83 4spd, 4wd, 2.8. But what perplexes me is the paint and interior. I haven't seen another one like it. It's two-tone blue and has bucket seats with a hard plastic console in the middle. All other 83 rangers I've...
  12. No spark with SPOUT connected

After a long fight with no spark, I unplugged the connector with the yellow wire coming out of it that attaches to the TFI (I think this is the SPOUT?). After unplugging it, I had spark. What does this mean and what do I do to fix It? 1983 Ford Ranger 2.8l V6 carb'd, 4spd, 4x4 Thanks
  13. Only 1 Spark from coil at start of crank. PLEASE HELP

Please help if you can! I have an 83 Ford Ranger that only sparks once when the key is turned and cranking. I have replaced the entire distributor, plugs, coil and ICM. What else could it be?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad