• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A4LD valve body torque

Does anyone know what torque values to use on the 3 torx head screws that bolt the separator plate and gasket to the valve body? And the torque values for the 26 other bolts that mount the valve body to the transmission? We have a 1992 4.0L 4x4 Ranger with the dreaded A4LD. Thanks!
  2. Cat question

Are they fully gutted out? If not, a big chunk may have been left inside against the side, out of site, and was missed. It may have broken away and is now clogging the pipe. Take it off and clean it out to rule it out.
  3. TCC Lockup -- By Manual Switch?

This is becoming a can of worms. It all started with a blown front seal. A friend convicted me to put the torque converter nuts on hand tight while there was still a 3/8” gap between the engine and the transmission. I even asked him, “wouldn’t that pull the TC away from the tranny?” He said not...
  4. TCC Lockup -- By Manual Switch?

Here’s my problem. I have an A4LD on my girlfriend’s 4.0L 92 Ranger. The TCC and the 3-4 shift solenoids are both energized as soon as I start the engine. In park, I pulled the 3 pin connector off and looked for voltage. The red wire has 12v. The P/Y has a ground on it coming from pin 53 of the...
  5. 1992 Ranger 4x4 Custom. Working on the automatic locking hubs

Thanks Josh. I was thinking of using Teflon at the time but I was just so frustrated that milk jug came out.
  6. 1992 Ranger 4x4 Custom. Working on the automatic locking hubs

Does anyone know where I can get the two "plastic thrust spacers" that go between the wheel bearing adjusting nut and the cam assembly? I can't find the part number anywhere. At this point I'm thinking of making them out of a plastic milk jug.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad