• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A4ld sticking overdrive servo, and no governor valve?

Hi guys, So I’m in the process of overhauling 1988 A4ldld 4x4. I’m replacing servos in overdrive, reverse and 2nd. I ordered the servos based off letters in caps and put them in. Here’s my problem 2nd with the bigger spring springs back to position when you push in. When I push in overdrive it...
  2. 1988 bronco ii auto transmission problems

Oh the joys of life lol thanks for the input! Planning on dropping the trans again putting new converter and possibly taking apart trans again.. and making sure nothing looks chewed up. If theirs any other recommendations to do or look at wile everything’s apart i would like to know! By the way...
  3. 1988 bronco ii auto transmission problems

True just curious if a bad torque converter can cause metal like that looks like copper bushings mixed with some steel
  4. 1988 bronco ii auto transmission problems

Yeah those pics where from second batch of fluid that went in after rebuilt first was the same too.
  5. 1988 bronco ii auto transmission problems

1988 4x4 A4ld trans went out backing boat into driveway. Long story lots of metal and material in pan pulled the whole transmission and took apart replaced planetary gears bushing and clutch packs and seals. Put back together with a eBay bought rebuilt body of valves. Polished out reverse servo...
  6. 1988 A4ld problems

yeah prob best just a mud truck that I have about 3k into already
  7. 1988 A4ld problems

Need help bad A4ld no reverse seems to go fine in overdrive up on jacks. Worth buying rebuilt body of valves? Any checks I could do? Read manual and seen it says you can take off body of valves and introduce air pressure to see if band engages but with body of valves off passages are open no way...
  8. A4ld no reverse

Hi guys, I have a 1988 ford bronco ii 4x4 that goes into reverse for about a second then stops almost like a solinoid shuts off fluid to circuit or circuit losses pressure. Over drive works like normal but drive and low gears seem to spin slow. When I pulled off Cover for reverse servo d ring...
  9. A4ld transmission nightmare

Yeah that’s the direction I was going next maybe swapping out solinoid valves and try cleaning valve body again.. used about a can of brake clean and compressed air last time. It does make a bit of a buzzing noise and I did re use torque converter.
  10. A4ld transmission nightmare

So this 1988 bronco ii has been a nightmare for me but anyways here’s my issue now. A4ld automatic 4x4 had water in trans and had engine issues once I got engine running good flushed milky trans. Went to put in reverse one day and locked up. Would go in overdrive and tires seemed to spin decent...
  11. Bronco ii transmission

Yeah they have the same bolt pattern but their is no old 1988 explorers laying around anymore.. only ones I’m finding have different electronic connection to ecu don’t know how to make that work
  12. 1988 bronco ii transmission nightmare

Thanks looks like my best option is just to swap use parts out of the 2wd into mine and rebuild.. really would like to do a 5 speed swap but only found a manual 2wd transmission 1l54.. seems older 4x4 stuff is hard to come by..
  13. 1988 bronco ii transmission nightmare

Okay so I have a 1988 bronco ii with the a4ld automatic transmission. Went bad took it apart forward gear is torn up along with planetary gear. Rebuild kit with bushings bc mine are tore up plus used forward gear on eBay bringing me over 500$ to rebuild.. searched junkyard and can find plenty...
  14. Bronco ii transmission

I have a 1988 bronco ii with bad transmission will transmission from a 1990s Ford Explorer with 4.0 be comparable? If their both 4x4??
  15. 1988 bronco ii transmission problems

True was just trying to figure out what clutch pack it is..first one is overdrive middle forward then reverse? wanted to search on eBay before I search the junk yards Time is money
  16. 1988 bronco ii transmission problems

So last week I removed my transmission a4ld and took apart due to reverse not working and only going forward in overdrive.. does anyone know what the middle clutch pack is for this one was pretty tore up.. and any recommendations on where to find best deal on parts I think I’m going to need...
  17. 1988 bronco ii locked up in reverse

thanks well put!! I should add that it’s not just reverse also looks like just overdrive is working... no drive #1 or #2.. I guess I’ll remove body of valves and go from their.
  18. 1988 bronco ii locked up in reverse

When I dropped pan last only found those plastic.pieces in picture and a lot of that muddy sludge. Not sure if it had metal mixed in should have put magnet in their.. well guess I’ll drop it again and rebuild body of valves and go from their..
  19. 1988 bronco ii locked up in reverse

Its just a beat up mud truck, rebuild kits look relatively cheep about 200$ then maybe I can vent properly..
  20. 1988 bronco ii locked up in reverse

Is their any options on transmission swap other than putting another a4ld in their?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad