• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Turbocharging Ford V-6's - Info Wanted

I want to put 5psi to my 4.0l at low rpm. Got an air research/banks/Caterpillar/Garrett "hybrid" (from miscellaneous broken turbos but all Garrett-based) Current plan: low mount with maf in front of turbo so it can meter properly. How much can I sling on pure stock at low rpm? 2000-3200 is my...
  2. Battery backwards 1992 4l running again. damage report

P.s. shout out to all the troves of data and troubleshooting listed on this forum and easyautodiagnostic.com. couldn't have done it without these two websites. Plus a voltmeter and lots of patience. If anything has you stumped, I'd highly recommend easyautodiagnostics.com for some of the best...
  3. Lower spring rate on rear leafs

Upside down! Of course! I knew there was an obvious solution I was missing. Thanks a bunch
  4. Battery backwards 1992 4l running again. damage report

Maybe my terrible experience can help some unlucky soul in the future. Bought a 92 4x4 4l ranger off craigslist and the dude said he installed the battery backwards and his "mechanic" diagnosed it and it should fire right up with a new eec. Boy was he wrong, additional stuff fried by battery and...
  5. Lower spring rate on rear leafs

Not getting full travel up under normal circumstances (ie no load in bed) and the front hits bump stops while I have 2 inches of travel to go on rear when flexing out. Front coils already have a 1 inch spacer too and rear is stock. Imo it would be better to soften rear to allow fuller range of...
  6. Electrical issues. No crank, spark, radio, wipers

Update: after hours and hours of checking relays, voltage, solenoids, and everything checking out but just no voltage flowing, I kept coming to the same conclusion: "key on" power just wasnt happening. Maybe something shorted when bat was backwards and it's a halfway point for checking wiring if...
  7. Electrical issues. No crank, spark, radio, wipers

Bought off craigslist cheap, lived in the desert and it's in great shape mechanically. Story was that the guy fried it by hooking battery up backwards and needed and eec. Eec is now new, replaced a fried solenoid by the battery, all fuses in power distribution block and cabin looked good...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad