• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fixing_franklin

Calling out to all Ranger experts (Bucket Seats in Regular Cab)

First of all, I recommend Seafoam Deep Creep instead of PB Blaster, you'll get those bolt holes out in no time. Then I recommend doing whatever you can, rangers are more common at salvage yards than t birds of that era. Unbolt the ranger passenger side seat and remove the 4 10mm bolts underneath...
  2. fixing_franklin

Well I got the miata seats for $75, no tears or anything. We separated the "track" part of the seat tracks bolted those two frame pieces to the floor and tack welded a beam across either one to keep the shape when we unbolt it. We took the miata seats which had the tracks still on the seats, cut...
  3. fixing_franklin

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....A guy buys a Ford Ranger and keeps throwing parts at it. But at one time, he had a dream, a dream that could come true with enough effort....he dreamed of bucket seats in a single cab ranger.
  4. fixing_franklin

Found some 96 Miata seats (black cloth with vinyl backing) in pretty decent condition. They look like they have a really skinny back, which I think will work. I'm gonna get my bracket mounted, take a look at em, and see how they fit. He want $100, which I think is a bangin price. You guys think...
  5. fixing_franklin

2.5L ('98-'01) 80-75 PSI on all Cylinders (is this bad?)

Yeah man this engine runs just fine, I'm thinking the same thing his gauge must be off.
  6. fixing_franklin

2.5L ('98-'01) 80-75 PSI on all Cylinders (is this bad?)

So I took my truck to go get the plugs, wires, and coils changed out and I asked if he could a compression test. I went to go pick up my truck and he said that all the cylinders were showing between 75-80 PSI. I said that sounds pretty low, he said that it's pretty common in older engines to...
  7. fixing_franklin

Well I think I'm gonna go try and get some honda seats to fit, I'll let you guys know how it goes in 6 years
  8. fixing_franklin

And I mean I hear people are using 91-93 explorer/Navajo seats cause apparently they're skinnier on the back, and people will even use another 40 seat, but I mean come on, no one can say yeah I love my stock cushioning on the split bench. If I have to fabricate it just makes more sense to get...
  9. fixing_franklin

Like I was saying, the prelude seats from a 92 look promising. Just finding one that's being parted out or take to a yard is a bit of a challenge.
  10. fixing_franklin

So bucket seats were optional for single cab rangers?
  11. fixing_franklin

I've been doing some research and honestly I'm confused and fed up with unclear results. I have a 1998 Ranger regular cab. I recently bought buckets and console out of a 2000 Explorer. I tried swapping the tracks, and the tracks were too narrow, when tack welded, they sat too high and close to...
  12. fixing_franklin

Explorer Center Console in 1998 Ranger (Single Cab)

So I want to put this center console in, I got an awesome deal on a full length center console out of a 2000 Explorer and Buckets for $50, I have all the hardware and I plan on swapping the seat tracks for the buckets from the 60/40 seats. I want to know, how did you guys install your center...
  13. fixing_franklin

M5OD-R1 advice

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying for a rebuild?
  14. fixing_franklin

M5OD-R1 advice

Yeah I think I'll just replace the pump, thanks though.
  15. fixing_franklin

M5OD-R1 advice

Pressure side hose brand new is like $20, and what is a JY out of a volvo?
  16. fixing_franklin

M5OD-R1 advice

No way am I putting 1500 in a ford ranger, I love my truck, and if I could get an extra 500 hp out of that pump, I would. But no
  17. fixing_franklin

M5OD-R1 advice

That sounds expensive and more complicated than just replacing the pump doesn't it? I mean I know the new pump is probably going to whine, what kind of money and work are we talking here?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad